Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now all we need is a reCaptcha/Inglip generator added to every post, as well an an enormous gif of dancing Jesus and we'll have the ultimate site on the net.

i'm not so sure about it really, for one I've found myself using it, on the other there's the clutter and all of the other issues already mentioned.

cake

I like the forum better without it.

OK enough already. Random noobs are liking posts of mine from two years ago.

I don't wanna be friends with the new kid. He smells funny!

Could one of the mods please start the poll as to whether we keep, modify or scrap the like button?

Last edited:
Yeah I think we had our fun. I now believe that the Like button should be buried in a shallow deep graveyard and then make sure no Construction workers will dig it up.

Yeah I think we had our fun. I now believe that the Like button should be buried in a shallow deep graveyard and then make sure no Construction workers will dig it up.

And that we all get Parkinsons so we forget where we buried it.

The Game

Last edited:
The like link is in a weird place, and the bar with "so and so likes" can make small posts take up significantly more space. The basic idea of "so and so likes this" is something... well... neutral to me. But this added clutter and especially space usage is something I very much dislike. Until/unless the plugin allows better locations and better streamlining, I'd prefer it be gone.
+1

Like button needs to go.

Ramseus likes this.

I don't know, I can some of us having fun with it. Think about some of the stuff you see on Lamebook.com. Also, if for no other reason, keep it around until our favorite Slovenian ends up wrong-side up in another Audi.

Last edited:
Definitely dislike the "Like" feature.

If the purpose is to get rid of the '+1' or 'I agree'-posts (which I can't remember being a huge issue on this board) I reckon a more ham-fisted approach a la Quiky's 1-2-4-8-16 day banhammer would be more in the spirit of this forum. Seriously, all this like/dislike-crap is sorta full of fuck, really. It's a message board, I want to write messages, not click on thingies.

wasnt that the point of the rep button

I see the rep system as way to say to someone that you like his post, while the like is more to let everyone know you like/agree with a post.

personally i don't give a crap nor do i really see much of a point in it. The Admins have the say in the message board and we merely use it. It does sound a lot like people are making mountains out of mole-hills. Its not like this is going to make people say "oh the humanity, i shall now have to find another message board to peruse at my pleasure."
i come here for the people and the topics, not to give a crap about what features a message board has or what it doesn't have.

personally i don't give a crap nor do i really see much of a point in it. The Admins have the say in the message board and we merely use it. It does sound a lot like people are making mountains out of mole-hills. Its not like this is going to make people say "oh the humanity, i shall now have to find another message board to peruse at my pleasure."
i come here for the people and the topics, not to give a crap about what features a message board has or what it doesn't have.

So why did you come to this thread to rant about people having an opinion?

I said my piece and left it at that, no harm in voicing my opinion :dunno:

It's a part of the vBSEO upgrade (pretty URLs, etc.). I can disable it if we don't like it, but I thought we've give it a try.

And there's Viper asking for opinions :p

BY THE WAY, good job fixing that new post issue, guys. :thumbup:

[/acknowledging the previous zomg issue before it was eclipsed by zomg facebook]

OK enough already. Random noobs are liking posts of mine from two years ago.

I don't wanna be friends with the new kid. He smells funny!

Could one of the mods please start the poll as to whether we keep, modify or scrap the like button?

This. Some scrub liked posts of mine that were like 1 year old. Scrap the system completely or go back to the old ways, is what I'd suggest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.