Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK enough already. Random noobs are liking posts of mine from two years ago. [...]
Let?s do the Time-warp again!

I changed my opinion to pro-like and all of you anti-likes are done goofed anyway because now my buddy Jesus got my back.

Suddenly, "Raptor Jesus likes this" became a sought-after item?

I just liked most of the posts here that dislike the like option.

not-sure-if-want.jpg

It's very facebooky and redundant with the reputation system, as others have said. There needs to be a way to turn the notifications off so we don't get bothered with n00bs liking years-old posts. It's in an awkward location and messes with the clean look of the site. And for crap's sake, don't give knobs the outlet known as a "dislike" option. If they really dislike your post, I want them to have to explain--in a post!--why instead of just whacking a button, taking their ball and going home. "Dislike" would just open up a new option for lame, uncreative trolling. I like my trolls to bring the lulz, thankyouverymuch.

It's kind of a cute idea in theory. I like the idea of being able to jump to the most-liked posts on a page, which would be neat in long threads like Random Thoughts of the LeMons threads. But in practice, it's in an awkward location and needs to be more discreet--say, on the same bar as the reputation/warn buttons.

Last edited:
I forgot about the groups feature. Does anyone use that anymore?

Admons? Mids? I don't care if you're all fucking Moomins..................

Wait, actually that would be awesome.

moomin-431.jpg

EDIT: @ Viper, sorry man, it was supposed to be a joke! That's why I created the group to create the link, then deleted the group.

Have to say this "Like" button hasn't half Marmited the FG collective.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I think the likes are pretty nifty, I just think the formatting/position of the "so and so likes this" text needs to be changed. It seems to be forced below the level of the Rep counter, which puts a big, ugly gap in short posts. Fix that and put in an option to disable notifications about it, and we're golden. :thumbup:

Meh. I can see this being like the 4.0 upgrade. Days of people freaking out over it ("Noooooooo! The red is different now!!!!"*), but give it a month and people will be fine with it.

* You know I love this forum and all, but that seriously cracked me up when it happened. Trust us to freak out over a colour scheme change :lol:

Last edited:
The heart icon looks a lot like the one featured on the Companion Cube.

Meh. I can see this being like the 4.0 upgrade. Days of people freaking out overcit ("Noooooooo! The red is different now!!!!"*), but give it a month and people will be fine with it.

* You know I love this forum and all, but that seriously cracked me up when it happened. Trust us to freak out over a colour scheme change :lol:

It's still red for me :p

There are sort of two issues here, the concept of the like button itself, but also the way it is implemented. It just seems really awkward to have it floating on the right side of the post content like that, without a button or anything. Like an afterthought.

I like the like button.

<valley girl> Like totally </valley girl>

It's not a bad feature, but we should totally introduce measures to discourage people who use it too much, by giving them stupid titles automatically, making their posts go into auto-ignore, banning them from the liking system or something else that makes you not like every post.

Perhaps require a minimum post count or time?

It's not a bad feature, but we should totally introduce measures to discourage people who use it too much, by giving them stupid titles automatically, making their posts go into auto-ignore, banning them from the liking system or something else that makes you not like every post.

But is it not the goal of every titleless person to try to achieve stupid titled status? :p

Not if your username turns pink, your car becomes a Prius and your location changes to Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.