Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
now some sort of rating system for threads i could see as being kind of useful

You know we've had that for years, right?

http://img52.imageshack.**/img52/7708/ratethisn.jpg

Last edited:
I "like" the like button!

I know i know...cheesy pun...

And it was funny.

Four pages ago.

The usage today was a lot better than yesterday, as long as you exclude Derek. I see great potential for the Top Gear episode thread on Sunday/Monday, that way I can just scroll past the usual crap and read the quality posts, let's hope it works :)

You can display likecount>0-posts with the white box in the top right, but for frequently liked threads such as this one the list becomes quite long.

You can display likecount>0-posts with the white box in the top right, but for frequently liked threads such as this one the list becomes quite long.

It shows most liked posts so you can see which ones were liked the most.

That would also work, but it doesn't seem to be chronological. I was hoping to just scroll by and read posts by senior members and those that are liked very much, but if everybody would do that, I won't gain anything from it.

Enough is enough! Dear Q, dear Viper, please turn off the "Like" feature until there's a way to turn the notifications off, they are getting really really annoying.

The notifications are my biggest beef with it.

The fact that it serves no functional purpose is my issue with it.

The rep system which was so controversial when it was put in place has become nothing more than a popularity contest, we don't need another one if you ask me.

I don't see the need for a poll. The majority has voiced opposition to Viper's lamegay new feature. Bury it in a shallow grave already.

It spams notifications

It adds clutter to posts

It adds nothing except possibly the ability to actually read the TG forums, but that means that other people would have to go in and like all the good posts, and that also means that the annoying people would have to not like other annoying people's posts, because of that I don't see it actually working out the way some expect it to in that regard.

It's like a weak +rep with no limitations; redundant and very spammable

It dissuades discussion. Lots of people whine about when people only post to say "haha that's so funny wow" but I say get yo head out yo ass brotha, it takes all of two seconds to read that post. If someone is only going to press a button then they won't have the chance to think of something else while they're typing and spawn further discussion. This is a forum, the point is to clickity clack on your keyboard and have civil discussions, heated debates, and regrettable plain nasty arguments, not to browse for lulz and give thumbs up and occasionally leave a comment like this is funnyblog.com.

Last edited:
I don't see the need for a poll. The majority has voiced opposition to Viper's lamegay new feature. Bury it in a shallow grave already.

It spams notifications

It adds clutter to posts

It adds nothing except possibly the ability to actually read the TG forums, but that means that other people would have to go in and like all the good posts, and that also means that the annoying people would have to not like other annoying people's posts, because of that I don't see it actually working out the way some expect it to in that regard.

It dissuades discussion. Lots of people whine about when people only post to say "haha that's so funny wow" but I say get yo head out yo ass brotha, it takes all of two seconds to read that post. If someone is only going to press a button then they won't have the chance to think of something else while they're typing and spawn further discussion. This is a forum, the point is to clickity clack on your keyboard and have civil discussions, heated debates, and regrettable plain nasty arguments, not to browse for lulz and give thumbs up and occasionally leave a comment like this is funnyblog.com.

QFT

Fine, disabled.

It spams notifications

It adds clutter to posts

No need to be a dick. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.