Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think so, loose_unit created imgear.eu just after ringmeet to combat this issue.

Sometimes when I click on the thread title, instead of loading the new posts, it loads an image (usually a signature) from that thread. The URL is right, because I just have to refresh it to make it work.

Sometimes when I click on the thread title, instead of loading the new posts, it loads an image (usually a signature) from that thread. The URL is right, because I just have to refresh it to make it work.

Weird.

New version of XenForo came out today. Maybe that'll fix it when we upgrade.

I had that once, yesterday. But I was hastily clicking through pages before the loading was finished and I blamed it on that?!

I don't know if that's reasonable (or even possible), but if you run a replace every https://pic.armedcats.net/with http://pic.armedcats.net/, a whole lot of old threads will have working embedded images again. I've started doing it for my 7 thread, but after 9 pages I'm exhausted, it's very hard to automate as a user.

I don't know if that's reasonable (or even possible), but if you run a replace every https://pic.armedcats.net/with http://pic.armedcats.net/, a whole lot of old threads will have working embedded images again. I've started doing it for my 7 thread, but after 9 pages I'm exhausted, it's very hard to automate as a user.

That should be pretty easy for me to do. I even found an add-on to do it so I don't have to directly mess with the database. :)

EDIT: I take that back. I will need to directly do it via the database. Thankfully it's a pretty straight forward search/replace of a string and not some fancy text manipulation. I'll try to take care of img.phyrefile.com to pic.armedcats.net this weekend.

Last edited:
It seems that they are still there if you have the links. By that logic you could do a dump by username and have them sent by weTransfer or something. If that's the case, I'm sure this can be done per request once FG gets past teething issues.

It seems that they are still there if you have the links. By that logic you could do a dump by username and have them sent by weTransfer or something. If that's the case, I'm sure this can be done per request once FG gets past teething issues.
That'd be great, considering I had a ton of files on there.

Would it be possible to have an opt-in for the political subforum, much in the same way there's an opt-in for NSFW? I don't venture into there, but occasionally new posts pop up in the What's New and the Latest Posts sidebar, and preferably I'd like to filter those out.

Would it be possible to have an opt-in for the political subforum, much in the same way there's an opt-in for NSFW? I don't venture into there, but occasionally new posts pop up in the What's New and the Latest Posts sidebar, and preferably I'd like to filter those out.

I can actually just exclude that section from new posts, etc. sections without making it opt-in. I've gone ahead and do that. People who care about politics can watch that section and/or just browse to it.

That's perfect! Thanks

Boo!

Seriously, for people (like me) who just use the "new posts" feature to browse the forums, new content in the political section is now pretty much invisible.

I never go into individual forums except to post a new thread or to post in a thread that I know exists but doesn'T show up in "new posts".

Boo!

Seriously, for people (like me) who just use the "new posts" feature to browse the forums, new content in the political section is now pretty much invisible.

I never go into individual forums except to post a new thread or to post in a thread that I know exists but doesn'T show up in "new posts".

Hmm, fair point. Maybe I can make it opt-out instead.

EDIT: I think I got everything working correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.