Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had the unreachable issue on my home network again and had to switch to 4G to load this page. Maybe it is a DNS issue.

Edit: Works fine using my phone as a hotspot. :dunno:

Yeah I started getting the unreachable bug on my home network on all my devices and different browsers (using Google DNS), but works fine in my phone without connected to same network.

I've disabled push notifications. This all started shortly after they were enabled. Hopefully it'll work and let me actually post this message.

Working again now on my home network. Haven't enabled or disabled anything, I didn't turn push notifications on for example. I wonder how long it will stay up for this time.

Edit: Not long, shit itself again. Tracert is the same, working or not working. Odd.

Last edited:
i think i broke it a few times
each time i try to make a post in the form of

- [url = somesiteadress ] name [ /url ]: some explanation

the post won't submit, and the forum goes down for a while...
might just be coincidence, but i don't believe in that

Yeah, I am having the same issue.

Oh man, you're right - I only had a forum-down issue once and it was after my only post that contained URL tags.

I'll test this theory in the test subforum - if you don't hear anything from me in the next 20 minutes that's the cause for the problems... :razz:

Well, I was able to send two posts including a link in the test forums (click) and that issue doesn't pop up here. I'm using Firefox 65.0 x64 on Windows 10 Pro x64.

[edit]
Even after this post with another link I'm still able to browse the forums and so on.
[/edit]

Continuing with the URL fuckery, when I try to Like Craigs most recent post in the Automotive Youtube Channel thread I started, the forum goes for down 20-30 mins on my laptop. Getting the same ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILURE message from Chome as I did yesterday. I’ve now tested and replicated this 3 times today. Haven’t tried liking other posts with the new fancy URL displays. And liking the post on my phone has no issues.

Last edited:
I just had the same issue (~20min forum unavailability on my device) when I tried to reply to the Automotive Youtube Channel thread - I didn't have any URL tags in my post, though.

Oddly, I still received browser notifications from the forum even though I couldn't load it during that time.

It's some type of proxy error according to Google. Gotta be on your end I'd think.

It's some type of proxy error according to Google. Gotta be on your end I'd think.

Since it started happening to a bunch of people from all over the world, I would be inclined to say it's on the server side.

I started getting errors 30 minutes ago after doing nothing special. Turned my VPN on, and it started working again.

Since it started happening to a bunch of people from all over the world, I would be inclined to say it's on the server side.

I started getting errors 30 minutes ago after doing nothing special. Turned my VPN on, and it started working again.

Oh good point. Duh.

It really does seem to be to do with URLs in posts. I tried to edit a post I made with a URL in it and had the problem, then when I could access it simply reloading the page with URLS on seemed to cause it again.

I'm really not sure what to do. I've never run into the issue, at least in Firefox.

I disabled rich link embeds temporarily. That's the only thing I can think of.

I’ll try another browser if it happens to me again. Chrome on all occasions because that’s all I use.

Yeah, come to think of it, it's only ever happened when I tried to post in a specific thread, however your URL theory might hold merit as it was a post with a URL to a youtube channel I was trying to post.

I'll pull the server logs tomorrow night and see whats going on. New SSL certs were just installed automatically the other night, so it could be related..?

I'll pull the server logs tomorrow night and see whats going on. New SSL certs were just installed automatically the other night, so it could be related..?
We did have weird issues with outdated/updated SSL certificates before over the last years iirc, so that may be plausible too?!

Status
Not open for further replies.