Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
plus1b.gif

could you add this smiley, i think it is a useful addition to the forum :)

Dont know if its been asked before but how come theres no section (in the forum, open only to member for example) for Member's cars. You know, you present your car. Pics, videos... The general automotive has a bit too wide a range of topics.

Dont know if its been asked before but how come theres no section (in the forum, open only to member for example) for Member's cars. You know, you present your car. Pics, videos... The general automotive has a bit too wide a range of topics.

121 pages of people's cars: http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=61

Although it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a new sub-forum for people to make a thread on their car...

121 pages of people's cars: http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=61

Although it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a new sub-forum for people to make a thread on their car...

Yea, thats what i meant, sub-section ( wasnt sure what to call it).

I know that theres a thread on the matter. But in a thread things get quite mixed up, its also difficult to follow a car's progress and it takes time to find the right comments.

Anyway thanx for a fast response and even so this is a great car forum .

Last edited:
the thread i check on this forum most is the 300-odd page 'I saw...' thread in general automotive, as well as car projects which get frequent photo updates.

The main way id determine if there was much new content is checking the last page number which used to be next to the thread title in the old forum style. though now any thread over three pages just displays links to the first 3 and last page. I know its kinda insignificant but i seeing an update ahead of one i hadnt caught before.

so in summary, Just a request to display page number next to threads of the last 3-5 pages (and you could then get rid of 'last page' link, and fit more numbered page links on)

Thanks

^ If you click the little blue thingy to the left of the thread title you go to the first post you haven't read ;)

Yeah, I was just gonna say the same thing -- use the new post button. It's there for a reason. ;)

firstnew.gif

ah ha, never knew that, never clicked on it before, thats even better then, thanks

It's also listed in threads:

http://img98.imageshack.**/img98/5396/newpostsua4.png

I'm having a strange issue... The "A1GP China" thread at motorsport discussion has some sort of a glitch which causes Firefox to stop responding altogether and IE to keep reloading the page seemingly infinitely.

if i leave iSpy open, after 10mins or so, it automatically loads the main forum page :?

I'm having a strange issue... The "A1GP China" thread at motorsport discussion has some sort of a glitch which causes Firefox to stop responding altogether and IE to keep reloading the page seemingly infinitely.

The thread loads just fine here in Firefox. :?

if i leave iSpy open, after 10mins or so, it automatically loads the main forum page :?

Should be 30 minutes (1800 seconds) and I added that so that people don't leave that page open for hours on end while they are AFK, hammering the server.

No. You'll need to just start getting used to using the "Mark Forums Read" feature which will clear that list out. It can be found in the quick links at the top or at the bottom of the forum home.
Is there no way to get the behaviour to be selectable by the user?

Is there no way to get the behaviour to be selectable by the user?

Not that I'm aware of.

Is it really that hard to click on Quick Links -> Mark Forums Read when you're done reading the forum? :?

Is it really that hard to click on Quick Links -> Mark Forums Read when you're done reading the forum? :?
It's harder than just closing the browser/surfing to another site.

It's harder than just closing the browser/surfing to another site.

Well, you can do that and just ignore all posts below the divider.

Well, you can do that and just ignore all posts below the divider.
Divider?
The thing that bugs me the most right now is that I can't see if some area has new posts since my last visit just by looking at the main page of forums. I have to go to the sub-forum to see if there is new posts. I usually read interesting threads right away as I see them and when I leave the forums I have read all the threads that interest me. I guess the current system is good for people who want read all the threads, but I think people like that are a minority. The other system is the default for a reason.

I know this is only a small thing, but over time it just gets annoying.

Yes, in the new post listing.

http://img216.imageshack.**/img216/9131/dividercs4.png

The other system is the default for a reason.

It's default because it makes the least load. The configuration we're using now is the recommended setting and I'm sorry, but we won't be changing it. I like it too much, and I think 95% of everyone else does too.

Sorry, but you're just gonna have to get used to it. :(

Yes, in the new post listing.
I don't use the New Posts feature, because I don't read the all the forums.
The configuration we're using now is the recommended setting and I'm sorry, but we won't be changing it.
:sad:
..and I think 95% of everyone else does too.
I think just the opposite, I think 95% of everyone else agrees with me. How about a poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.