Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

Don’t worry about us. Most important is your rest, relaxation and recovery. We’re rooting for you.

holy shit

yeah, i wouldn't be browsing the internets eiher...
best of luck!

CrzRsn;n3548871 said:
Don’t worry about us. Most important is your rest, relaxation and recovery. We’re rooting for you.
This a million times - some internet forums, even as awesome as this, isn't worth shit against health.

Stay strong, hopefully we'll see you again some time at roadtrips and ringmeets. :)

Test import:

Total run time
143.65 hours

Import totals

User groups
38 (0 seconds)

Custom user fields
10 (0 seconds)

Users
64,531 (7.27 minutes)

5,269 (17.53 minutes)

Buddy and ignore lists
1,014 (3 seconds)

Paid subscriptions

Custom BB codes
12 (1 seconds)

Private messages
31,629 (2.67 minutes)

Profile comments
7,607 (17 seconds)

Forums
277 (3 seconds)

Moderators
9 (0 seconds)

Thread prefixes
27 (1 seconds)

RSS feed sources
3 (0 seconds)

Threads
59,915 (2.27 minutes)

Tags
58 (1 seconds)

Edit history
287,580 (14.97 minutes)

Polls
1,654 (18 seconds)

Attachments

Positive reputation
160,237 (15.27 minutes)

Infractions
630 (5 seconds)

CAPTCHA Questions
3 (0 seconds)

Custom FAQ pages

Announcements
9 (1 seconds)

Notices
15 (0 seconds)

Smilies
150 (1 seconds)

Obviously some type of bug in importing posts. Not sure I want the forums offline for a full week while I migrate.

Meanwhile I'll try to get the test import up and running on the beta site so you guys can play with it.

EDIT: It's a bug related to very long threads: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...thread-has-an-asinine-amount-of-posts.147288/ aka I bet it's the fault of Random Thoughts

Last edited:
Nothing of importance there, I'd say, it's just a running conversation. Delete and start anew, if possible.

IceBone;n3549431 said:
Nothing of importance there, I'd say, it's just a running conversation. Delete and start anew, if possible.

Agreed. I'd consider that thread, along with the Funny Picture Thread and probably Cool Videos to be disposable.

I'll be sad to see them go. I occasionally dig through ancient pages in RT looking for old arguments that I remembered. Is there a way to start a fresh thread, but keep the old one archived somewhere?

Also it seems to be a rather huge flaw that in this highly digital world, a thread with 4000ish pages/85,000 posts is too much for a database to handle, but thats just my opinion.

Is it possible to split up the various Random Thoughts Threads every 10,000 posts or so?

If not, yeah delete them. It's not like someone actually goes back some thousands of pages to look up something in there. ;)

I vote for killing the Random threads. It's sad to delete them, but if that's the price to pay for a new beginning...

Like I said, maybe have an archived copy hosted elsewhere that can be slow, but still available for reference?

Thankfully someone wrote a patch that should fix the slowness issue so we shouldn't need to delete anything.

As long as we get a fully functioning forum again...kill whatever threads need killing.

Huh...who knew... Another forum I frequent uses PHB, and I always thought it was weird that long-running threads would need to be cut off at about 100 pages, or else it would noticeably slow down the forum. I always scratched my head because, "Well...FG has some threads with thousands of pages, and that seems fine...

Viper007Bond;n3549455 said:
Thankfully someone wrote a patch that should fix the slowness issue so we shouldn't need to delete anything.

That's awesome to hear. Is there a timeline?

The forums seem really fast this morning, even the long threads. Has something changed? Was the patch mentioned above for vB? It’s strange but welcome. :)

Matt2000;n3549495 said:
The forums seem really fast this morning, even the long threads. Has something changed? Was the patch mentioned above for vB? It’s strange but welcome. :)

Can confirm.. oddly fast for vb5 :p