Forza Horizon 3

They also 'fixed' the get the Ultimate Near Miss score by driving the wrong way down the motorway straight, now you only get half of the skill points. That's been my mainstay of skill point and XP generation since Horizon 2 :lol:.

Enjoying the photography mode as much as I did previously...would be great if they expanded on this, added lights etc!

au9q50.jpg

29pbwad.jpg

9rjciw.jpg

312ad5j.jpg

bityo.jpg

2cs7uwz.jpg

Bought the game yesterday and loved it - sadly unplayable at (maximum) 30 fps for me - even at lowest settings. It's such a good game though. Doesn't take itself too serious. At least I got the money back.

Nice photos, we should probably start a photo thread. I haven't bothered with them much with that yet but I may do tonight.

Tried to download the game for PC last night just to see how it performs compared to XBone and was told to eat shit because I don't have the latest Windows upgrade. Never mind, I'll just keep my 48GB of disk space thanks.

Update basically fixed nothing, good to see DLC is on schedule though :rolleyes:

Yeah, still getting the same issues

I take it I should still leave it a bit before buying this?
My computer has an old i5 3570k with a GTX970 if that makes much difference.

i have the same cpu and a 980, its not the power, its the unoptimised load of crud theyve released

Couldn't wait anymore, picked up the Ultimate few days ago.

First let's talk performance, I have a i5-6500 with a 970 and the situation is pretty much exactly what Digital Foundry reported. I can cap it at 30FPS and max out every setting or I can cap it at 60 and have to turn a couple of settings down. Although even after turning it down, I get a bit of stuttering at Surfers Paradise (The city area). But thankfully every other place it sticks to 50 - 60 fps. More than playable.

YYTAs5l.jpg

8lvPUS4.jpg

Car customisation menu lags pretty bad. Especially the Rim Style menu. You need a lot of patience to go through that.

Surely someone noticed that while doing QA?
BUT, despite all of that. This game is so much fun! :D Probably the most fun I had playing a racing game in quite some time. This is pretty much all I wanted in a PC racing game. An extensive car list with awesome customizability and you can drive to heart's content. So far I have not exhausted events either. They keep popping up much faster than I can complete them. The cars feel great as well. They all have their own characteristics, but isn't difficult to drive (I have the steering set to Normal). Didn't get the wheel out still.

Because of this I looking over the performance issues, money sucking DLCs, awful photomode.

Btw is there a FG Club?

Last edited:
Caught a live stream of someone playing this the other day and it sure looks beautiful. The barn finds are a nice touch. It makes Gran Turismo look boring as hell.

I'd almost buy an Xbone just for this game.

Yeah, the barn finds are cool, unless you're one of the many users who simply are not allowed to find them (happening to me right now) http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst72306_Not-unlocking-barn-finds.aspx

The latest patch fixed most of the performance issues for me. It's still very demanding and dips below 30 sometimes in the city, but the stuttering and hitching is gone. So I'll start playing it for real now. Workaround for the barn finds is buying the cars from the auction house :D

Unfortunately for a friend of mine the latest patch causes constant crashing in online mode. They really need to sort this shit out.

Yeah, the barn finds are cool, unless you're one of the many users who simply are not allowed to find them (happening to me right now) http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst72306_Not-unlocking-barn-finds.aspx

The latest patch fixed most of the performance issues for me. It's still very demanding and dips below 30 sometimes in the city, but the stuttering and hitching is gone. So I'll start playing it for real now. Workaround for the barn finds is buying the cars from the auction house :D

Unfortunately for a friend of mine the latest patch causes constant crashing in online mode. They really need to sort this shit out.

That would suck. The barn finds were one of my favorite parts of the game. I'm kind of sad because I've got them all now.

Now I'm just setting up interesting endurance races on the Goliath Circuit. 1000 miles (35 laps) in 50's and 60's race cars. Call it the Targa New South Wales, 8 hours worth of racing, takes me a day or two, good times.

I still don't get access to all of the horns despite getting both skill perks. Weird.

I've been playing this a fair bit recently for a few reasons.

1) The barn finds showed up.
2) I figured out how to fix the DNS errors when trying to go online (have to run a few commands to reset my Teredo adapter).
3) My friend figured out that the game doesn't crash if he doesn't run Discord (voice chat service).

So now that we've cobbled together a functional game experience it's loads of fun. After a LOT of tuning and tweaking I have an A class Fiat 500 (original) that kicks some ass but is very punishing to drive.

Aaand I've bought the expansion pass. It's a decent discount, especially as I get an additional discount for being a VIP member (at least I think that's why).

Same. I think it's worth it. I haven't spent this much time and had fun with a racing game in a long time.

The blizzard mountain is quite pretty as well.

I'm really enjoying this expansion, probably more than I've been enjoying the original game and despite it clearly being smaller than Storm Island. So far I've only really driven my Lamborghini LM-002 and Aerial Nomad in the snow but they both feel just right and I'm getting through the game pretty quickly.

Just won the final 'King of the mountain' event, took me 5 or 6 attempts on Pro difficulty. next bit it spoilered so as not to give it away.

It's a race around the map in Block's Ford rally car. The thing just doesn't handle as well as I would like and wouldn't be a car I would choose for a race, my LM-002 is much more predictable. The gearing is also a bit screwy, once you hit the tarmac section you run out of gears and have to fend of Lancias. Still a fun race though.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=so9zlCrQruY[/video]

The Grand Tour crashes stuff in FH3.