Forza Horizon

Wait, so if I'm at level 50 in Forza 4 I'll have all these cars right at the beginning of Horizon? And is it driver level or brand affinity?

And Fiesta unicorn? No, just NO! o_O

It's probably tuned for some wiggle room at low lateral acceleration so that it is possible to experience the "can't turn while braking hard" phenomenon. If the wheels limited themselves strictly based on a traction circle for both slip ratio and slip angle you wouldn't be able to pass any input to the steering during threshold or lockup. Compensating and allowing for human error on that part would give you more steering input than is reasonable to have at turn in, and a normal amount at the apex.

If you take a hairpin at 20 MPH instead of 40 MPH, will the car turn better (ie, be able to move further inside of the corner)?

Can't check to make sure but I'd say yes. You can turn too much if you enter the corner at a slower speed and if you want to go over the inside edge of the track. The problems generally occur when you drive at (or beyond) the limit and actually need to be at the edge of the grip circle all the time.

+7 unicorns (how do you get them again?)

1972 Lotus Elan Sprint

Rex-reacts-to-loss.gif

WHY???

I hope they gift me it straight away, or I know they've done that just to annoy me...

Last edited:
Wait, so if I'm at level 50 in Forza 4 I'll have all these cars right at the beginning of Horizon?
AFAIK, yes! Driver Level...

I ordered my copy through Amazon. I was supposed to get it today, but then this happened on the UPS tracking data:

October 23, 2012 03:10:00 AM Sparks NV US Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster

I can only assume its snow in mountains along 80, like at Donner Pass (why not call is Donor Pass? it kinda fits if you've ready the heartwarming story of the tough-as-leather people of the Donner Party).

Its not a big deal as I'm past the point in my life where I have to have a game the day it comes out. Still, a message I haven't seen before.

Anyone made the FinalGear Club?

I made it about 2 weeks ago and have about a dozen cars shared, including a maxed out Veyron. :)

Mine arrived an hour ago, just been doing the first events. I like it soo far.

Also sent a request to join the club, GT is "PrimoLoz".

Found this, pretty funny that you can drive the traffic cars through modding:

Just picked up the game. Going to be enjoying single player for now since I can only have internet on my laptop or my xbox, but not both.

I've had the game since Friday and I'm enjoying it a lot more than Forza 3 or 4. The countryside looks amazing, the night and day transitions are great for immersion. I don't see the physics that much different from Forza 4, but simulation steering is a must, otherwise cars feel like boats. I have set all assists off besides ABS cars feel quite lively, for instance the Ford GT500 drifts all over the place when I'm not careful with feeding the throttle.

I got the game on friday as well but, annoyingly, haven't had time to play that much. Aside from the steering issues, occasional FPS drops and really weird behaviour from Minis in the Mini showcase race (wheelspin on 4th gear at 90mph? seriously?) it's been really good, casual driving is good fun but maxing out the difficulty settings offers a decent challenge as well.

...really weird behaviour from Minis in the Mini showcase race ...

I only got that in the corners and not so much in 4th (All sim/off and Clubsport Pedals). Haven't really looked into it, but I guess thats because of the original 60s tires. Slap something better on it and it will handle better. Its not called Maniac Minis (or something) for nothing ;-)

I didn't have as much playtime as I would have liked this weekend. Too much Party and I didn't feel like climbing into the rig with a Hangover.
I really enjoy it, though. I really like the PR Stunts at the Outposts and discovering stuff.
I really think the map isn't as big as I hoped it would have been :-(

I got the game on friday as well but, annoyingly, haven't had time to play that much. Aside from the steering issues, occasional FPS drops and really weird behaviour from Minis in the Mini showcase race (wheelspin on 4th gear at 90mph? seriously?) it's been really good, casual driving is good fun but maxing out the difficulty settings offers a decent challenge as well.

They are quite highly tuned as they are C class. Probably got loads of power but without massively upgraded tyres etc.

I found the behavior of the Mini in the Mini challenge weird as well. With TC off, there was wheelspin in 3rd gear everytime the wheels weren't perfectly straight. I resorted to turning the AI to easy from hard to get it over with. I like the PR challenges as well, the stunt challenges can get frustrating, but are satisfying as hell when you manage to pull it off.

The barn finds are quite fun, but I wish they went a bit further with the idea. Like having to drive the beat up car to the nearest service garage, or see a transformation of for rust to perfect conditions, or pay for the service or something. Just a dude calling you the car is ready seems a bit underdeveloped.

Too bad there aren't many Astons in the game, I'm guessing they are keeping them locked away for future DLCs.

The Maniac Minis also have an open diff so whenever you turn at all the inside wheel will start spinning. And if you try to then turn another way you'll end up with the outside wheel spinning and not turning the car at all.

Another weird thing about that race was that at least for me the engine sound level was really low compared to every other car I've driven so far. I could barely hear the revs and was hitting the limiter on third all the time...

But at least it's only one race.

I like the PR challenges as well, the stunt challenges can get frustrating, but are satisfying as hell when you manage to pull it off.

I thought the stunt challenges are rather easy, at least the ones I've done so far. I usually get 50k - 80k points in them, and the biggest limit has been 25k. Just keep throwing the car sideways to keep the combo going for the whole time and try to do some near misses while at it.

Last edited: