Forza Motorsport 3

While I agree with you, they are different kinds of games. GRID is about building a racing team (in a very simplified manner). The vehicle selection is weak and the physics aren't great but there's a certain factor, hard to describe but some games have it and some don't.... polish? It just feels absolutely well-made, everything about it. No stupid bugs or weird design elements.

Forza/GT are more about the pure driving experience.

Fair point.

GRID delievers that certain experiance that Forza 3 failed to fully capture. The half-assedness of the new "ZOMG Cockpit View" for forza 3 really comes to mind. GRID just pulls it off sooooo much better.

Seriously how many times has GT5 been delayed? You guys are such fanboys.

They never officially announced a schedule for monthly DLC as I recall, and they didn't say they were stopping DLC either, they are stopping monthly DLC. I bet it's less turn 10 and more Microsoft saying, wait GT5 is coming at this date lets hit shelves with Forza 4 by this date, just make it happen. They missed the mark on the Jalopnik DLC, it may or may not come still, but under-delivering is only a Turn 10 thing if your wearing rose tinted GT driving goggles. Seriously, how many times has Gran Turismo been promising damage?

Plus you guys always bitch about how shitty the DLC is and how "you're making a statement by not buying it, Micro$oft, extortion, blah, blah, blah." No one cares, it's a video game.

I was once one of the biggest defenders of F3. Key word, was. I really had high hopes and enjoyed the game for while. I bought the VIP thinking I was going to get a lot of awesome stuff.

I'm still waiting. Oh, wait! I got a Camaro with a Crackdown 2 livery! OMG!!! LAME!

I'm by no means a GT5 fanboy, but a Forza buyer and car enthusiast who has been burned by this game. The sound is wrong, the multiplayer was shit from day one, and some of the cars handle with unrealistic physics. And don't get me started on the DLC. It's kind of like when people use to buy CD's. You got it for the 2-3 songs you liked and ignored the rest because it was all shit.

Precisely

I agree, but I'd say GT and Forza both suffer from spreading themselves too thin, trying to please everyone. I really don't see the difference, maybe I'm less nostalgic, but GT4 was a huge letdown to me. No skid marks and poor audio, a million cars I had to drive but only a few I wanted to, no Ferraris or Porsches, a long droning career, no multiplayer, license tests, poor AI and bumper cars, and poor physics. Perhaps GT5 can rectify this but I doubt it, both games are too broad to be great, but both are very good. Guess we'll find out in November.

Plus the sound is wrong, what? I can't think of a game with better audio?

SOME of the cars sound great, nearly dead on (93 Mustang Cobra comes to mind) but then you get shit like this:

and this

It is just inconsistent.

I agree on GT4....there was just something missing. I enjoyed gt3 probably the most.

edit: PGR4 has the best sound I've heard in a racing game (even if it is a bit contrived at times)

Last edited:
Sure, some of the cars sound right stock. But after an exhaust change, they didn't bother changing the note. I know they add the turbo or supercharger sound, but that's only on top of the stock sounds. The point is, they made this sound like this was going to be the car enthusiast wet dream with its detail. Its not. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I'm just going by what they told us.

And you're right about gt4.

Last edited:
Sure, some of the cars sound right stock. But after an exhaust change, they didn't bother changing the note. I know they add the turbo or supercharger sound, but that's only on top of the stock sounds. The point is, they made this sound like this was going to be the car enthusiast wet dream with its detail. Its not. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I'm just going by what they told us.

And you're right about gt4.

thats one of the things that killed me going from Forza 2 to Forza 3. Being able to tell a big difference between stock exhaust, aftermarket catback and straight racing pipes.

Forza 3 comes along and BAM nothing.

Also, compare the huge differences in idle sounds. you could really hear that mean loping cam idle in F2 from alot of the cars. Viper, Diablo GTR, 69 Camaro spring immdiately to mind

Again, Forza 3 comes along and BAM, hardly a whisper

*EDIT* Son of a bitch GRID is addicting. whereas i have literally fallen asleep in the middle of a R2 race in Forza3

Last edited:
The production hopper is up, and it is glorious :woot:

Not all the pairings are great, though. New York Full with Renault Clios? No thank you.

But...Le Mans Bugatti in Diablo GTRs? Maple Valley in Ferrari 355 Cs? YES PLEASE!!

Tell me where I can get a Ford GT for $1,600 in real life! :)

Does anyone know what happened to the Jalopnik user's choice DLC? I don't really expect it to come out any time soon, actually I suspect they've just dropped it by now. Or has anybody heard something else?

^ Haven't heard anything yet, but if they're sticking to a late summer/early fall release and following their pattern for DLC, it would release on the 14th. I highly doubt they'd do that, because Reach comes out that day, but you never know.

Some other news:

• Production hopper is getting some new pairings, including the Nordschleife and a pairing involving unicorn cars.
  • They're adding a 'Featured' hopper to test out new modes with the community, with the popularity of each mode determining how long they're kept (or whether they're made into their own hopper).
  • The first new mode is Australian V8 Supercars, tuning allowed, simulation damage, 7-10 min races :woot:
  • The second new mode is Stock Car Racing on more than just ovals.
  • The third new mode is cycled production drag, working just like the production hopper.
  • They've hinted at a drag mode with horsepower limits.

Not a bad mix-up. Seems Turn 10 finally got impetus to freshen multiplayer frequently now that GT5 has a concrete release date.

I was once one of the biggest defenders of F3. Key word, was. I really had high hopes and enjoyed the game for while. I bought the VIP thinking I was going to get a lot of awesome stuff.

I'm still waiting. Oh, wait! I got a Camaro with a Crackdown 2 livery! OMG!!! LAME!

I'm by no means a GT5 fanboy, but a Forza buyer and car enthusiast who has been burned by this game. The sound is wrong, the multiplayer was shit from day one, and some of the cars handle with unrealistic physics. And don't get me started on the DLC. It's kind of like when people use to buy CD's. You got it for the 2-3 songs you liked and ignored the rest because it was all shit.

aye, hopefully though like CD's.... we went to MP3 and we paid for just the tracks we wanted. perhaps they should try selling the cars individually. people just buy the ones they want. there will be people who buy them all anyway, but i bet they make more money by doing that... how many people are put off a DLC pack because they see it as not worth it for the one car they want?

i havent played forza for a while now... i got hooked on fallout, batman and red faction. forza just fell by the way side, and now GT5 looks absolutely stellar. ill probably never pick up forza again. especially as it seems to keep chosing bloody silverstone to race on. seriously, i like the GP circuit, i like silverstone, its a great race to watch. but i am dog tired of racing on that damn circuit in forza, i just cant be arsed, i just switch the damn thing off.

i hate the tuning thing as well, im a busy man i havent got time to sit tuning and painting. i guess being able to buy other's set ups off the store was a good idea in that sense. its just wasted effort on me. sound quality is extremely good though.

Last edited:
1971 AMC Javelin-AMX
1973 BMW Motorsport 2002 Turbo
1970 Chevrolet El Camino SS 454
1971 De Tomaso Pantera
1982 DeLorean DMC-12
1987 Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth
1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II
1978 Saab 99 Turbo
1983 Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution
1957 Ferrari 250 California
CCC_DLC_546325.jpg

CCC_DLC_246325.jpg

CCC_DLC_346325.jpg

CCC_DLC_746325.jpg

CCC_DLC_746325.jpg

And this one is NSFW

CCC_DLC_446325.jpg

Oh Yeah!

just when i was ready to hate T10 forever they go and do something like this . . . .

well i still hate them but this pack is looking great

I hate them for taking so long with this DLC, I've already lost most of my interest in Forza... but, then again... 190E :dance:

Thank god, finally. Time to break out the wheel again!

Now I have until Tuesday to see if T10 gave the DeLorean a BTTF aero kit.

Though what I'm most excited for is that Javelin.