Forza Motorsport 3

EDIT: LOL!

"After a solid week of playtime I feel the Forza 3 Demo is ready for review. I?d like to start off with the bad because I want this review will be generally positive and free of bias."

:rofl:

Wow, im in awe. . . . That was by far the most unbaised and fair review i have ever read

/sarcasm

Funny thing is for me..I actually moved the cockpit view BACK when playing GTR/Race/Evo for the most part! I guess it's just a preference in personal style/taste?

I guess so. However, playing the demo again today I noticed something really really dumb. Almost half of the visible interior was the roof of the car... What's that all about? Why not move the camera lower so we see less useless roof and more steering wheel/gauges. I also really miss the option of looking around the interior like in PGR4.

Rofl just read the "review". That was hilarious. He had to double check that he didn't accidentally download Forza 2 again? Nice read. Love fanboys.

Last edited:
Played the demo, my hands hurt from griping the wheel, I don't care, I want to play more.

I guess so. However, playing the demo again today I noticed something really really dumb. Almost half of the visible interior was the roof of the car... What's that all about? Why not move the camera lower so we see less useless roof and more steering wheel/gauges. I also really miss the option of looking around the interior like in PGR4.

Why would anyone like to see more of the steering wheel? Especially when it moves all wrong, gauges don't have any use other than being cool anyway.

Either you see plenty of road, or lots of cockpit and to your sides.

The view isn't that bad, it could be higher up and pointed more downwards. If it was further back with higher angle of view you wouldn't see much but inside of the car. Personally I'm not going to use it much, you can't really tell where the cars are around you, and using the second pad to look feels cumbersome when you need the same thumb to change gears. Plus, the full side look function shatters the whole immersion of the cockpit.

Why would anyone like to see more of the steering wheel?

Because it's a much more natural point of view when driving a car, even if you ignore it for the most part.

I don't want to feel like my nose is sitting on top of the steering wheel when I'm driving. Which is exactly what the Forza 3 cockpit view makes me feel like. An 80 year old grandma trying to see out the windshield.

Because it's a much more natural point of view when driving a car, even if you ignore it for the most part.

I don't want to feel like my nose is sitting on top of the steering wheel when I'm driving. Which is exactly what the Forza 3 cockpit view makes me feel like. An 80 year old grandma trying to see out the windshield.

But do you look at the steering wheel when you drive a real car, I hope not.

If I had wheel for Forza I'd rather have the in-game wheel completely off like in any other game, because I'm already holding a wheel in my hands.

But do you look at the steering wheel when you drive a real car, I hope not.

If I had wheel for Forza I'd rather have the in-game wheel completely off like in any other game, because I'm already holding a wheel in my hands.

like I said...even if you DO ignore it...which you do... it's still more natural to have the rest of the wheel in your peripheral vision.

It has a lot to do with your sense of depth when you're driving your real car compared to the Forza demo. In the demo you feel like you're hunched over the steering wheel.

Dude, I feel ya. Supposedly people are getting their "special" copies already and I haven't heard anything about adjustable cockpit views... there seems to be little hope for us "immersion junkies".

EDIT: LOL!

"After a solid week of playtime I feel the Forza 3 Demo is ready for review. I?d like to start off with the bad because I want this review will be generally positive and free of bias."

:rofl:

Holy crap did someone let Leonidae review the Forza 3 demo?

Oh dear. I don't think they could be worse fanboys if they had scarves with Sony knitted into them, or novelty PS3 shaped beds.

Well, maybe if they had the bed. Or maybe that would just be awesome.

Brand loyalty is interesting, such fanaticism (sp?) for something you have to pay for is bizarre.

My Xbox sucks. It's a noisy bastard.

Yes, I know, it comes down to people trying to prove they didn't waste their money and got the right thing...which just proves how insecure sheep some people can be.

Yeah, I always laugh about the PS3, but only because so far it didn't have much appeal gamewise for me. Once GT5 is out with a bundle at the right price: I'm getting one...
Fanboys are pretty stupid...

Yeah, I always laugh about the PS3, but only because so far it didn't have much appeal gamewise for me. Once GT5 is out with a bundle at the right price: I'm getting one...

I feel exactly the same way. I'll start getting interested once GT5 is released. Motorstorm was the only other game that I was mildly interested in, but not enough to warrant ?300 on a new console. Can't afford it anyway. :D

Is the Rolls Phantom in it?

If so, this pleases me.

I shall spend my gold upon this item.

Last edited:
No it isn't so far, wont get the final list 'till Thursday though.

GT5 and Uncharted 2 would be the only reasons for me getting a PS3.

No it isn't so far, wont get the final list 'till Thursday though.

I thought the community members who already have the game confirmed the final list? 422 cars.

GT5 and Uncharted 2 would be the only reasons for me getting a PS3.

For me: GT5, Uncharted 1/2, Killzone 2, Ferrari/Supercar Challenge... uhhh, I think that might be it.

Worth it if I can get a bundle, I think.

Last edited: