Forza Motorsport 3

Basics of it are: Datto 1600 (510 for you yanks) with the 370Z motor, awd swap and ~380kw.

AWD drifting is for sissies unless you're on a dirt road or can manage Ken Block angles :p RWD ftw. Anyway, both Derek and I have posted asking about the LCE. Can anyone with the game comment on whether the LCE is worth the extra money? Secondly, I still don't understand what the point of the VIP membership is (as that is pretty much the only reason to get the LCE). All I can get so far is that you get 5 cars that aren't in the regular game.

At least 2 people commented on whether the LCE is worth it or not... For me it was a no-brainer since it was only 6 Euros more.

Actually its easy: Do you really really want Scud + DBS + ZR1 + GT3RS + Superleggera? If the answer is yes -> buy the LCE as you'll have no way of getting them otherwise...

Yeah, but your response doesn't count because you got yours for so cheap :p. The other guy said the ZR-1 was epic, which I'm sure it is. I think I should reword my question, seeing as the only thing I'm confused about is what the VIP membership gets you. I've looked it up but there aren't any real answers. Even discounted DLC would be worth getting the LCE for but currently I can't find any solid information on the topic... Any of you know what the VIP membership has to offer aside from the 5 cars?

After thinking about, I have a serious reservation about Forza 3. Here me out.

Included in the original car list are two 3rd gen RX7's, a second gen, and a single RX8. Not everyone loves or even likes the wankel engine, but there is absolutely no denying the fact that it has been a dominating force in ALL forms of motorsports since the 1970's. First gen RX7's alone won 100 races in JUST the IMSA championships of the 1980s. RX3s and RX7s alike were involved in rally racing, and pretty much every iteration of the rotary-engined Mazda has been put through the quarter mile. Now that FM3 has drag racing this just makes the absurdity of so little RX cars even more clear. The Speedsource RX8 (as well as a few other grand am RX8s) has done well in recent years, and the sound it produces makes everyone remember it. Everyone knows about the 787B and its run to the top of the 1991 LeMans podium. So, turn 10, if they call themselves purveyors of racing should include the following (a modest but important list) in some sort of future DLC.

Mazda Cosmo: Its a rotary engined sports car...somewhat important to the formula that developed
cosmo.jpg

RX3: On the basis that the Datsun 510 was included, just what in the F was turn 10 thinking not putting the RX3 sports sedan in there? Another highly campaigned race car.
1975MazdaRX3redfvr-vi.jpg

RX7 GSL-SE: Best of the first gens and some say the one rotary that Mazda REALLY got right. I agree.
1.jpg.JPG

IMSA/other racing First gen: Crushing superiority in IMSA racing; every year that the first gen was produced, it won the GTU championship, then won another for good measure. 100 wins, enough said. A first gen finished 21st overall at the 1980 24 hours of LeMans with a 1.1 liter, naturally aspirated 12a and only the 2nd year it was in production/development. 2 years later one finished 14th overall. The cars still compete every weekend in all forms of racing.
Monterey2007.jpg

787B: Everyone knows this Cinderella story.
mazda-787b.jpg

Speedsource RX8: The face of modern rotary racing. Not hugely successful, but always fun to watch and brutally fast on the straights. The noise is orgasmic.
grandam-2008-24h-eg-1387.jpg

Like I said, its not a huge list, but a perfectly realistic and attainable list of some of the better cars. Forza 3 is, above all, about racing. Every iteration of Mazda's rotary engine has been raced professionally in one form or another. I really hope a wankel DLC is in the works.

edit: I think I'm going to post this on the FM3 forums.

Last edited:
Got this from Fanatec:

Dear Cuctomers [yes, that's how it's spelled in the email]

In order to compensate you for the delays I promised all early customers a free copy of Forza Motorsport 3 for Xbox 360 on top of the pre-order discount.

Unfortunatly we did not receive the game before the release of the game so we can only deliver it after you could buy it in a shop.

Beside that, several customers wanted to buy the limited edition or don?t have a Xbox so the game is of no use for them.

Therefore we decided to give you an order coupon for the Fanatec webshop with a value of 50 USD. You will get this coupon code in a few weeks in a separate e-mail once the new webshop is set up.

I hope that this is in your interest.

If you cancel your order this coupon code will be canceled as well.

Best regards

Thomas

*sigh* no free FM3 for me. Oh well, at least I get a free shifter or pedal set for my Pure wheel. The only problem is I'll miss the GameFly release by a few days as I'm still playing DIRT 2. I suppose I should just get it off the web. But the discount!!! (I get games for 45 bucks brand new from GameFly)

There will be a car pack of 10 cars per month in 2010. As you've already said, go on their forums and put the request in the official car request thread.

I know you love Mazda's, but don't let the small amount of one manufacturer turn you away from the rest of the game.

zWagh
Wagh
Wagh
TOMORROW NIGHT!

There will be a car pack of 10 cars per month in 2010. As you've already said, go on their forums and put the request in the official car request thread.

I know you love Mazda's, but don't let the small amount of one manufacturer turn you away from the rest of the game.

I am going to buy it, but I'm just disappointed. I put the same post in their DLC request thread, hopefully somebody will notice. I think they need more classic cars in general.

Ordered my copy of Forza 3 today, with a bit of luck it should arrive before the Royal Mail have another one of their tantrums. After reading the photo thread and all the other threads, its done enough to make me want the game and i'm looking forward to getting my hands on it now.

I am going to buy it, but I'm just disappointed. I put the same post in their DLC request thread, hopefully somebody will notice. I think they need more classic cars in general.

+1 for that. The only reason I want to get the game on day 1 is because of the classic car DLC. I think Forza is really lacking in the classic cars department, but also brand new super cars like new Zondas, Noble, etc.

Are Vtack threads really worth bothering with?

Been playing online tonight, and I don't remember Forza 2 being that much fun online. Not sure what it is but every race was great, despite the first corner pileups and late braking disasters that you always get. We had no screaming 5 year olds, no crashers, just 8 (at the end, started with 4) of us ducking and weaving around the track.

Turns out the SL Black, Corvette Z06, Maserati GranSport, E30 M3 and M Coupe are all fantastic cars that allow you to hang the arse end out while keeping tight lines. Also turns out that I hate the Twingo on Forza, the understeer is horrendous. We were only using stock cars though, obviously tuning one of these up would fix that.

Earnt quite a few credits and I'm now classed as a Pro online. :)

Does anyone know where or how to get the RX-7 Spirit R Type-A. Seem like only the engine exists in the game.

That's probably where it exists then.

Just like Forza 2 had a 20B engine, yet no car that had it standard.

Included in the original car list are two 3rd gen RX7's, a second gen, and a single RX8. Not everyone loves or even likes the wankel engine, but there is absolutely no denying the fact that it has been a dominating force in ALL forms of motorsports since the 1970's. First gen RX7's alone won 100 races in JUST the IMSA championships of the 1980s. RX3s and RX7s alike were involved in rally racing, and pretty much every iteration of the rotary-engined Mazda has been put through the quarter mile. Now that FM3 has drag racing this just makes the absurdity of so little RX cars even more clear. The Speedsource RX8 (as well as a few other grand am RX8s) has done well in recent years, and the sound it produces makes everyone remember it. Everyone knows about the 787B and its run to the top of the 1991 LeMans podium. So, turn 10, if they call themselves purveyors of racing should include the following (a modest but important list) in some sort of future DLC.

Mazda Cosmo: Its a rotary engined sports car...somewhat important to the formula that developed

RX3: On the basis that the Datsun 510 was included, just what in the F was turn 10 thinking not putting the RX3 sports sedan in there? Another highly campaigned race car.
RX7 GSL-SE: Best of the first gens and some say the one rotary that Mazda REALLY got right. I agree.

IMSA/other racing First gen: Crushing superiority in IMSA racing; every year that the first gen was produced, it won the GTU championship, then won another for good measure. 100 wins, enough said. A first gen finished 21st overall at the 1980 24 hours of LeMans with a 1.1 liter, naturally aspirated 12a and only the 2nd year it was in production/development. 2 years later one finished 14th overall. The cars still compete every weekend in all forms of racing.

787B: Everyone knows this Cinderella story.

Speedsource RX8: The face of modern rotary racing. Not hugely successful, but always fun to watch and brutally fast on the straights. The noise is orgasmic.

Like I said, its not a huge list, but a perfectly realistic and attainable list of some of the better cars. Forza 3 is, above all, about racing. Every iteration of Mazda's rotary engine has been raced professionally in one form or another. I really hope a wankel DLC is in the works.

edit: I think I'm going to post this on the FM3 forums.

What about us Aussies, we get 2 cars and that's it...

What about us Aussies, we get 2 cars and that's it...

Well I have no personal attraction to any particular Australian car, so its difficult for me to care too much. Go on their forums and make a request!