Found some old SLR's in the house...

phuckingduck

is awesome!
Car(s)
'03 Volvo S60 AWD
So, doing some summer cleaning and moving about the house and in an old cabinet I find a Canon AE-1 and a Canon A-1. I've been looking into DSLR's lately as I'm finding my self lured to do some photography, so these were an intriguing find. No idea what to do with them, as they're film cameras and as we all know getting film processed is a pain. Should I take the time and learn what I can with these cameras? Or should I just add them to any potential DSLR carrying bag as fun little toys? Any tips or what not?

i know you all wont care but i thought i'd share

Film is an excellent way to start getting into photography. There's a lost art to spending long hours in a darkroom mixing chemicals, developing your own film. (Or so my mother tells me; next semester I have a 4-hour photo lab and I'll discover those joys myself.) I'd definitely take the time to learn the subtleties and secrets of learning photography from the most basic of cameras first, before moving up to an expensive DSLR that probably contains lots of features you won't need yet.

Just ask me, I have a film SLR myself. Though if you still want to ditch them, I'll gladly take one off your hands. :D

Get some B&W film and the developing materials and you're set for a lot of fun. Having sat for many years, those cameras will most likely need a CLA before being put into active duty.

Do it!

Also, chicks dig dudes with old-school film gear. ;)