Frankenstorm

Phila

Car(s)
1995 Subaru Legacy, 2008 Subaru Legacy
102812-IC-sandy-war-cover-am.jpg

Here in Philadelphia we are already getting real strong wind gusts. People who haven't yet taken their outdoor things inside are being knocked down and blown around already. The entire Jersey shore is under mandatory evacuations today as well.

Worst should hit us tomorrow. We'll see. Good luck to everyone in the Mid-Atlantic and New England!

Last edited:
I live on the Delmarva peninsula and it has been nasty all day. My work is at Wallops Island and we have shut down until Wednesday at least.

It wouldn't surprise me...there's been blizzards and we've had class. :eyeroll:

Basically no one is allowed on the roads tomorrow.

Looks like a day off to me.

I'll bite my tongue about the HurrDurricane...

Cars parked indoors, but if the power goes out they can't get outside. I know, first world problems. Boss says to work from home tomorrow so a moot point.

Fed Gov is closed in DC tomorrow. Awesome.
Volt is fully charged, so I have 10KW of backup power ready to keep me entertained.. :D

I don't think we're gonna get anything here in Toronto 'til Tuesday afternoon I think? Still, I wouldn't be surprised when I go into my workshop tomorrow morn and half the class isn't there.

Good luck guys. Stay safe.

Fed Gov is closed in DC tomorrow. Awesome.
Volt is fully charged, so I have 10KW of backup power ready to keep me entertained.. :D

Best use for an electric car: power the home entertainment :D

Stay safe guys!

Best use for an electric car: power the home entertainment :D

Stay safe guys!

Wait? You can do that? As much as I do not see the point in electrical cars that's awesome!

Stay safe everyone.

Better safe than sorry. Good luck everyone!

Wait? You can do that? As much as I do not see the point in electrical cars that's awesome!

Stay safe everyone.
Yes. The Leaf can power a 2000watt inverter to supply power to devices in your home. The Volt will do the same, but the ICE kicks in to operate as a gas-generator..

Related weather forecast for the DC area:

Edit: Weather Channel Live

Last edited:
Yes. The Leaf can power a 2000watt inverter to supply power to devices in your home. The Volt will do the same, but the ICE kicks in to operate as a gas-generator..

Huh. I may have to re-think my ideas on electric cars. :p

But here in Ohio, it's already colder, windier and drizzling. Doubt that it's from the hurricane front, but looks like we might get some off the Great lakes too.

But I do have a generator and it's fueled up as well as all the cell phones, portable DVD players and laptops. :)

Photos from today in Brigantine, NJ (right next to Atlantic City) where I spend my summers:

Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 12.33.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-10-29 at 12.35.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 12.38.18 PM.png

Last edited: