Frankfurt Motor Show: Bentley Azure

Overheat

Forum Addict
bentley-arnage-drophead-cou.jpg

The Arnage Drophead Coupe concept at January's Los Angeles show attracted sufficient interest for Volkswagen-owned Bentley to confirm production, and revive the Azure name, for this super-sized luxury cabriolet. First deliveries will start in spring 2006, complete with 450bhp, 645lb ft 6.75-litre turbocharged engine and an electrically-folding fabric hood. The Azure is little changed from the concept, apart from the addition of under-floor cross-bracing for extra body reinforcement and bumpers and sills which are body-coloured with a subtle chrome trim rather than fully chromed.

"The production-specification Bentley Azure graces our stand at the Frankfurt Motor Show just nine months after we revealed our concept car in Los Angeles," said Bentley Motors chairman Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen. "We enjoy an excellent dialogue with our customers and the new Azure epitomises how responsive Bentley is to satisfying their aspirations. Bentley develops and produces cars that people desire and that are faithful to our heritage. The new Azure is the perfect example of this philosophy." Prices will be announced nearer to the on-sale date.

Talk about displacement! Thats almost 7.0L :shock: But then it would be, look at the size of it! It only develops 450BHP...but lots of torque. I dunno the car looks more like a heavyweight and its styling is well....sedate I guess.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Talk about displacement! Thats almost 7.0L :shock: But then it would be, look at the size of it! It only develops 450BHP...but lots of torque. I dunno the car looks more like a heavyweight and its styling is well....sedate I guess.

6,75 is the displacement of all the Bentleys and Rolls till the sell to VW.