Frankfurt Motor Show: Kia Multi-S

Overheat

Forum Addict
kia-multi-s.jpg

Everyone's working on a crossover, and Kia is no exception: the Multi-S "is designed to cater for the needs of modern customers by blending the interlocking trends of crossover vehicles, MPVs and SUVs", says the company. Kia calls it a CUV (work it out) and says that if it were to go into production, it would come with equipment including ESP, adaptive front lighting, full-length curtain airbags, active head restraints and tyre pressure monitoring.

The Multi-S is a seven-seater, with a twin-panel glass roof for an airy feel and all the usual MPV fitments such as storage boxes, overhead compartments and centre console, along with three-row air conditioning, a surround-sound stereo system, USB ports and DVD entertainment system for the rear seats. The show car is fitted with the Hyundai-Kia 2.7 V6 petrol engine and five-speed automatic transmission, but could also take the 2.0-litre turbodiesel. Kia says that it is "intended to trigger public debate and generate feedback from consumers about their future motoring needs", and that "at present, there are no plans to put Multi-S into production." It looks like a goer, though, as a potential replacement for the undistinguished Sedona.

I bet someone is going to say "who gives a shit?" :lol: .

The specification of the car is actually pretty good, but the styling is :thumbsdown: .

i bet that if you plug in your GT4 steering wheel, you'll have more feeling with the road than you would have with the normal steering :lol:

Looks like a BMW X3 from the back! :shock:
Jeez, if they're going to copy somebody, they shouldn't copy one of the most pathetically useless and ugly vehicles ever produced... :thumbsdown:

bone said:
i bet that if you plug in your GT4 steering wheel, you'll have more feeling with the road than you would have with the normal steering :lol:
Haha excellent call! Kia got owned by bone :p

Hyundai is slowly impressing me (not that I really care). Kia just doesnt...they all crap! Once the Chinese get into the motor industry whenever that is, the Koreans will totally be screwed.

They should just stick to technology ;)