Free cars are the best! (VW Jetta)

Seasonone

Car(s)
RB25 "silvia"
Finally got my new car today, has some problems but for the price you can't complain.

http://img172.imageshack.**/img172/4615/jettafrontus5.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.**/img183/5125/jettarearqv2.jpg

The drivers rear window gets stuck when it goes past half way, the alarm doesn't work (had to hard wire past the "brain"), and the front bumper got pulled off when the old owner towed it :lol:

German cars are weird, the trunk button is in the storage bin next to the ebrake and the door locks and the rear window controls are on the center console. :lol:

Power everything, sunroof, and 6 speaker + 2 tweeter stereo with Cd player (was that OEM?) and didn't cost a dime.

lots of cars have the trunk button in a locking storage bin for security with windows/sunroof down. And there are plenty of American cars (Saturn) that have the window controls in the center console.

My Japanese car has both of those too. lol

BTW lucky!!

lots of cars have the trunk button in a locking storage bin for security with windows/sunroof down. And there are plenty of American cars (Saturn) that have the window controls in the center console.

Yeah, GM likes to put trunk release buttons in the glove box.

Seasonone- how did you manage to score that free german metal?

Weird, I've never had a trunk release that wasn't on the bottom left of the steering wheel and I've never had power windows that weren't on the door.

And I got it for free because of unpaid loans and the previous owner thought it was dead (sat for 3 months) because the alarm was going off.

German cars are weird, the trunk button is in the storage bin next to the ebrake and the door locks and the rear window controls are on the center console. :lol:

Power everything, sunroof, and 6 speaker + 2 tweeter stereo with Cd player (was that OEM?) and didn't cost a dime.

All that stuff sounds perfectly normal to me. Then again, I had a '95 Golf for a year and a '97 GTi for 5 years. If you ever have any questions about it let me know. I could take the entire front end off a mk3 in roughly 20 minutes, and replaced nearly everything capable of being replaced on my GTi. :thumbup: