FTB Mindcrack Server (Tekkit has been replaced)

You're using diamond ones, right? They last a bit longer than the others, but still not that long.

I've only ever had one, and it's still got about 90% left. Granted, I only use it for getting wafers, redstone circuit components, and covers for keeping tubes from going places they shouldn't.

Also viper, what crazy Thaumcraft experiments were you doing to get that much flux?

Last edited:
Also viper, what crazy Thaumcraft experiments were you doing to get that much flux?

I think it was just poor mob spawning. I ported away and came back and they were all gone.

My house has a node (maybe a bad node?) on it's roof but all I did was use my portal hole. Speaking of which, my portable hole is having trouble recharging at my new base. It didn't occur to me that I was abusing the Vis when I was using it so much. I started up Thaumcraft and got my goggles and the node at my new base is shooting out dark lightning. That's bad, right? I wonder if I fucked it up via my portable hole. :(

Can you explain the basics behind this, tobbzzen?

Note the energy rate:

Solar panels are for suckers. 208 Thermal Generators making 4500 EU/t, heh.

yxMQaUr.jpg

Leave it to Viper to turn the nether into a limited energy saurce. :p

Leave it to Viper to turn the nether into a limited energy saurce. :p

:lol: Actually I'm not using a single drop of nether lava!

Saplings get fermented into biomass which gets refined into biofuel which gets burned in 10 boilers to make steam which powers 180 steam engines to make 1440 MJ/t which is used to melt netherrack into lava which powers those thermal generators. :D

aly6DLU.jpg

Last edited:
I've gone nuclear in working to prevent any non-witches from spawning near my witch hut by just removing the ground they'll stand on. Suck it, mob cap!

Is... is that quarries?

Is... is that quarries?

Yes. :lol: I'm removing all blocks within 128m of the witch hut. It's easier than spamming torches all over the surface and in the bazillion caves underground (there's tons!). This way the only valid place for mobs to spawn will be inside the witch hut, i.e. witches, which I can then farm to make a soul shard and have infinite glowstone.

Last edited:
Progress is going well and I've brought more quarries online. :D

All that hard work paid off. :)

KbGgj1p.jpg

The server is running the latest version of Mindcrack now.