FTB Mindcrack Server (Tekkit has been replaced)

Ze boss is in Madrid with his "girlfriend." :(

Loose, when you get back can you add my coworker? His username is Otto4242. Thanks! :)

2013-06-11 08:38:19 [INFO] [Minecraft] Added Gendis_ to the whitelist
2013-06-11 08:38:53 [INFO] [Minecraft] Added Otto4242 to the whitelist
2013-06-11 08:39:04 [INFO] [Minecraft] Reloaded the whitelist

good guy loose_unit

I don't have time to keep my base working. If anyone wants to make sure it's running and take any of the renewable resources, feel free. Hopefully life will allow me to get back on soon.

How much have I missed? Life came and highfived me in the face about a month ago, been moving and stuff. So hopefully I will be back on the server soon.

Given the lack of use of this server and the massive amount of resources it is using on the server, I will be shutting down the Mindcrack server at the end of this month.

Don't panic! I won't be deleting the files! So the server will be there if anyone wants to run it or if it is needed or wanted in the future.

I was on for a look around the other day and couldn't think of anything to do. It probably doesn't help that I haven't played much FTB so don't know how shit works.

Any chance I could be whitelisted on the vanilla server?

Last edited:
I miss you guys :(

Vanilla server is going at the end of the month too :D

Ah OK. Bad time for me to want to start playing again. :lol:

It's tempting to set up one myself, but my up speed is only 3Mbps and it gets throttled once you hit 900MB usage during peak hours, might not be good enough.

I miss you guys :(

Minecraft or IRL? It's certainly quieter here are home than it was on the roadtrip and ringmeet.

The same thing happens to me whenever I try playing modded Minecraft. Building up my lair, routing hundreds of pipes, and struggling with limited resources is the fun part. Once I have essentially infinite materials just waiting for me in some elaborate storage system, I lose interest. I wonder what (if anything) can be done to combat that.

Removing solar panels would go a long way I suppose, and maybe the big mining machines as well.

I agree, I also like the part where you're struggling for resources and setting up. Once you got some sort of operation going, it sorta gets boring.

I agree, I also like the part where you're struggling for resources and setting up. Once you got some sort of operation going, it sorta gets boring.

Mindcrack made it super difficult though, previously with Tekkit it only took a day to get fully setup.

Mindcrack made it super difficult though, previously with Tekkit it only took a day to get fully setup.

True, but I think solar panels still made it dumb, although it took longer. I think the problem is that there just isn't a real goal other than the creation of the bases since all of the built in goals (dragon, wither, etc) are pretty easy given quantum/graviplate.

I'm thinking a good setup might be gregtech with no quarries (maybe limit the crazy redpower mining machines too) and mystcraft. That way you are basically forced to go to an unstable dangerous world and do mining manually, at least until you build nuclear or crazy steam power and matter-fabricate your way to boredom.

'tis a good idea.

Well then, if I ever have time to play again, I'll try setting something up like that.

How about the Infamy pack, also found from the FTB launcher? I tried it for a while and it was strangely fun (you get a shitload of guns and plenty of enemies) :p