Fuel? Where we’re going, we won’t need fuel! ==>NooDle’s eGolf

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
Do yourself a favor and don't try Autopilot (or similar systems). I actively dislike having to steer now when driving on the highway or just in any sort of traffic :)
Nothing in this conversation makes me feel positive about the future of motoring :p

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
VW eGolf, Hyundai Kona 1.0
Never made the usual 'everything open' pic so here it is. Opened the bonnet for the second time ever, and took a look at where the power is generated.

Has space enough left over for a backpack or something. Weird but ok.

NooDle

Car(s)
Nothing in this conversation makes me feel positive about the future of motoring :p
The future of motoring will be electric and self driving, so you won't need to worry about watching the road, looking out for other road users, etc.
It'll be awesome to just get in a car completely and utterly hammered, and tell it to "get me home" and it will.

There'll still be people who drive cars for the sake of it, but it'll be more like a hobby.

Tram13

But there are already things like public transportation and taxis, what's the point of having a car that will be electric and do what taxis do, basically? I bet if you don't use if a lot, it'd be quite a lot more expensive than taking a taxi everywhere, too.

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
4x4 diesel barge
Manual driving is a hassle now, and I wonder why I ve driven manuals for so damn long....
I came to this conclusion in my early 20’s :p

I can’t understand why “non car people” want manuals. I have friends that even refuse to drive my cars because they “can’t drive automatic”, like it’s difficult somehow. It’s silly.

On the other hand, another friend went from hating automatics to not wanting anything else after he spent an hour and a half behind the wheel of my V70.

Mitchi

Sierras für alle!
DONOR
I can’t understand why “non car people” want manuals. I have friends that even refuse to drive my cars because they “can’t drive automatic”, like it’s difficult somehow.
This, really this. Especially old Germans do not wanna drive automatic because... they don't know how. And don't even bother trying to explain it to them.

NooDle

Car(s)
Despite being driven by magic and silence, at the end of the day my eGolf is not immune to everyday issues... Like punctures

Tyre guys managed to patch it quite fast though, not even a new tyre needed.

So even when there's a problem, it's uneventful and boring