v759go.jpg

041120062323194102.jpg

041120062323208248.jpg

041120062323219440.jpg

041120062323228834.jpg

041120062323246086.jpg

041120062323187423.jpg

mmm, the words , 'very', 'very' and 'nice' pop into my head. i love it

any powerplant info? i'm guessing the twin exhausts signify the 4.5L V8 model...

I like it, just wish they did something to the hood, it's just flat

Salar said:
That's a bad facelift. esp with headlights. They look like CLS', Lexus' IS300 now.

Agree with him

I heard that it was going to be called the G37. Obviously it'll have a 3.7 litre V6 engine.

The outside is still ugly, but that interior is too good.

Looks pretty good to me, especially that interior. You know I've never seen one of these cars in real life what with living in Aus and all.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Looks pretty good to me, especially that interior. You know I've never seen one of these cars in real life what with living in Aus and all.

Well if you go along Paramatta RD, theres like a section which is full of import dealerships. I've seen Chaser's, S15 Varietta's (convertable 200SX), various Lancer Evo's, r32-r34 skylines as well as the G35.

Obviously it's not gonna be the updated one, but it's still a g35!

It would have been nice if, just as a touch, they made their speedo go to 190. Even if the car itself didn't.

exterior wise, i think i like the current one better. interior wise, it looks very similar to the M35/M45. just kinda curious how much this will cost, because if they raise the price a few grand it'll cut into the M's price segment

flyingfridge said:
any powerplant info? i'm guessing the twin exhausts signify the 4.5L V8 model...
Doubtful, that would creep into the M45 territory. That said, it looks like a strunken M45, which is not a bad thing, but I would hope there would be more of a styling difference between the two.

032695-E.jpg

032696-E.jpg

It does beg the question, why? It seems infiniti have two saloons of roughly the same size and layout in their lineup. The G35 really isn't that much different to the M45. I must say I like the M45 more because of the slightly more aggressive look and that 4.5L powerplant. mmmmm

but really, other than engines and styling, what's so different? It can't be good for infiniti, it's like BMW making the 3 series the same size as the 5 and trying to sell them alongside each other. It just doesn't work and they cannibalise each other's sales.

the difference doesn't seem to be luxury either, look at Carlos' speech from the New York auto show

Carlos 'The Main Man' Ghosn said:
Inside, the cabin combines technology and modern warmth. The welcoming interior is accentuated by the thoughtful use of modern and traditional design cues, such as the elegantly textured aluminum accents, hand-stitched steering wheel and white-and-violet instrumentation illumination.

This new G will be the first Infiniti to offer real-time XM NavTraffic and a new audiophile-quality ?Studio on Wheels? audio system that sounds like nothing else on the market today.

Other available technology includes RearView Monitor, Intelligent Cruise Control with Preview Braking and Adaptive Front Headlights.

ah, he did say this about the engine...

Carlos 'The Main Man' Ghosn said:
The G?s fourth generation VQ35 3.5-liter V6 features 80% redesigned parts, including new dual intake and dual exhaust systems, a higher redline and 300-plus horsepower.

Chassis and suspension improvements are many. A new Sport model and Infiniti?s Intelligent All-Wheel Drive are offered for drivers seeking even higher levels of handling and control.

So the main diff is G35 = V6 and M45 = V8?

Still, such similar cars with only a powerplant difference can't be good, maybe the M will be bigger next time round?

Anyway, 300 horse is certainly no laughing matter.... or is it :thumbsup:

I think the M45 is for the higher-end power luxury market while the G35 is a bit lower down on the money pole for the more average middle-class human.

G35=3-series competitor
M35/45=5-series competitor

Remember, BMW shares its straight-sixes between the 3 and 5 series, and they don't overlap much.