Game of Thrones

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro

Excuse me for a second while I go change my pants.

Ok, back. Now... the Game of Thrones is an upcoming HBO series based on the best-selling novels by George R.R. Martin. Some call it the Sopranos of Middle Earth, but having read the books (well, 2 of the 5, each almost 1000 pages), I can tell you that the Sopranos are like little kids playing cops and robbers compared to this. The story depicted in this series is so wonderful, horrendous, gritty, lovely, vivid, grousome, enjoyable and addicting that I can't really express it in one post.

I've already downloaded a behind the scenes preview of the show and it's on my FTP if anyone wants it.

The author himself has said that the scripts follow his books faithfully and has been actively involved in the project.

It premieres in April next year.

GLEEE!!!

And here's the 10 minute preview in crappy youtube-o-vision if you don't want to download the 720p rip from my ftp:

Last edited:
I'm not interested in Simulated Lannister incest on screen. That part of the books freaked me out.

Eddard getting killed is gonna suck, as Sean Bean is a bad mother fucker.

I had better read the books then...

And the way he gets killed of pissed me off to no end. Such cruel injustice...
I have the first 4 books in audiobook form if anyone wants them.

And the way he gets killed of pissed me off to no end. Such cruel injustice...
I have the first 4 books in audiobook form if anyone wants them.

uuuuhh, if i qualify to be "anyone", yes please :D

ah, found it - thank you!
somebody has to rep the good man for me!

Last edited:
Man, I've been listening a few chapters a day of book two (hopefully season two) and shit is getting fucked up. Just when you thought things slowed down, more shit from other direction starts hitting the fan. Fuck me sideways!

Sounds interesting, I'm downloading the audiobooks now.

Well, I've been dilligently reading (listening to) the books and just got to the best part ever, in book 3.

It's where Daenerys goes to buy the unsullied and steals them using her 3 dragons, one of which the slavers thought they'll get in payment.

But man, these books have it all. I've been disgusted, happy, sad, excited, *cough* excited *cough*... the characters are written so richly and events in such detail, I can't put the headphones down. :|

I was going to pick up A Game of Thrones at the bookstore but they didn't have it... they had the rest of the series though!

I can't wait for this series !

I am glad that George R. R. Martin is the one adapting his own works for the screen, the better to maintain quality and consistency.

New "Game of Thrones" preview... this one talking more about the world (Westeros) in which the story is set.

Also here is a map to get an idea of the layout of this world.