Game of Thrones

Well, with less episodes per season, travel times have to be shortened... ;) :p

Well, it depends on who's doing the travelling apparently. Jon Snow went to Dragonstone in no time flat, Tyrion was back "home" in King's Landing instantly, while Sam's (bastard) child looks to be 4 or 5 years old already, wasn't he just a baby a couple of seasons ago?

It's getting to be annoying and too obvious, really...

Also, Jaime looked like he was dead last episode, quickly sinking without moving.... Now Bronn just drags him ashore like he weighs nothing?

And Daenerys' party had to know that Jaime survived the near-roasting and the following dive. So why the hell did they not take him and Bonn prisoners?

And Daenerys' party had to know that Jaime survived the near-roasting and the following dive. So why the hell did they not take him and Bonn prisoners?

Yeah, that puzzled me. I didn't expect Jamie to die, but surely they would bother to fish out the brother of your main advisary, that fell into relatively shallow water right infront of you, before moving on from complete victory...

It is really starting to show that they ran out of book material and time for this season.

Oh shit!

6ZGMqSF.jpg

And the space/time continuum really get's fucked in this episode...

I don't really mind that the travel stuff happens so quickly. I do hate that they took down a dragon and for what? This idiotic mission to risk key people in order to bring back a dead in order to convince Cersei. Because she's shown herself to be so reasonable LOL

Well, at least this makes it interesting, the dragons where gonna steamroll everyone otherwise.....

The teleporting is getting ridiculous now, even ravens can do it, and Dany must be firmly impaled on those spikes for her not to blow off when those dragons reach Mach 5 :lol:

Last edited:
You know, I never noticed it, but now that Chibouki pointed it out.... I'm not sure it's just the light.

On the other hand, the wolfshead on longclaw was created to replace the original bearshead, not sure if this was from a new piece of bone (or antler or whatever they used) or if this was cut from the original bearpiece, in any case there is no reason for it to be magical in any shape or form.

According to reddit they have been sitting on that rock for like a week... Well, the way it was presented looked like one night.

And frankly, I still don't understand logic behind anyone's actions. The whole beyond the wall quest feels like a weak excuse to get a dragon turned.

Longclaw's eyes have always been open. They are made of a polished black gemstone like onyx or jet. They just looked closed because they were reflecting the ice.

There's a theory that the secret to making Valyrian steel is to add dragonglass to it in some form or another, which would explain why its so effective against the deads, and that Gendry has come back to re-discover this secret and make more of it.

So the Night King has spears to kill dragons but not the crew of brawn marooned on an island in the middle of a frozen lake?

The logic of these writers doesn't run very deep does it?

So the Night King has spears to kill dragons but not the crew of brawn marooned on an island in the middle of a frozen lake?

The logic of these writers doesn't run very deep does it?

Some people are speculating the Night King is an iceseer and laid a trap for dragons. We know he does have abilities like Bloodraven/Bran, since he interacted with Bran in a vision to mark him and disrupted his ravens in an earlier episode. Does that mean he has similar visions as greenseers and fireseers like Bran and R'hollr followers? Someone pointed out his lieutenants brought only three dragon spears, and it would be weird to have a lone Walker off on his own with just a small band of wights, one of which isn't his and therefore wouldn't disintegrate if the Walker is killed.

So as the theory goes, the Night King somehow knew Dany had 3 dragons and would bring them all to aid Jon's suicide squad, so he sent a sacrificial Walker out to lure them into a trap and was fine keeping them alive for so long as dragon bait so at least one of the dragons would land. Three spears suggests he wanted all three dragons, in which case attacking Viserion first instead of the landed Drogon also makes sense as he could (and almost did) take down at least two before they fled like Rhaegal did once Viserion went down.

Not attacking with ranged weapons doesn't really bother me as I don't think the Walkers/wights have ever been shown on the TV show to use ranged weapons prior to the dragon spears; Ser Royce was killed by a Walker in sword combat, the Fist of the First Men didn't have ranged combat I can remember, and Hardhome was entirely an up close melee without wights using any ranged weapons.

I'm not sure I entirely buy this 'trap' theory, though, since the wights showed no sign of stopping their charge until the ice broke.

While all y'all are discussing tactics and traps, I'm sitting here, nearly crying because of the 3 dragons is no more.

Now watch it come back and spit ice instead of fire....