Game of Thrones

Kinda underwhelmed with this finale though.... the Littlefinger thing was a surprise, but the whol ZOMG incest and ZOMG ice dragon we kinda already knew were coming....

557 days is a goddamn long time though

Maybee R.R Martin needs those 500 days to finish his last book, seems like such a stupid idea to stop releasing books anyway, I would release the second to last one asap, with the last book not to long after the the TV finale itself......all the fair wheather fans who like the show would all be flocking to whatever came out now but in a few years they will all have dropped off.....

Where is all this talk of 500 days coming from?

Hmm... I read reports it was going to be 550ish days but it seems like it's a more reasonable 317 as of today...

https://www.nextgot.com/

Still too long though

Its been soooooooo long!!!

But now that the final season is almost here, it is time for some bold predictions. Anybody can be killed off in the final series, even the characters who needed to make it to the end can still die tragically then. So who do you think will live? Who will die... and how?

My predictions-

Daenerys - Will live, take the Iron Throne and maybe have a child with Jon Snow. The series is supposed to be "a song of ice and fire". She is the fire. Back in Qaarth she saw a vision of the throne room in ruins, with snow falling through the destroyed roof, so her acsension to the throne may end up being a bittersweet hollow victory. Bran saw the same thing in one of his visions.

Jon - He is the ice. I think he will survive and end up with Danaerys. There is probably a reason they show's writers had Daenerys tell him she was barren only for Jon to challenge the reliability of her source.

Tyrion - George R.R. Martin's personal favourite character. Would he kill off his own favourite character? Well, he does kill off everyone else's. I think he'll make it through.

Bran - I have absolutely no clue what will happen to Bran. I used to think that his body would die and he'd warg into Summer beforehand so that he could live out his days running through forests. But Summer didn't make it out of the Three-Eyed Raven''s cave.

Arya - I wouldn't be surprised if Arya dies. She has dealt a lot of death and will no doubt deal a lot more before the end, but I'm sure at some point there will be a reckoning. She is an orphan who was trained by a secret band of assassins before turning her back on them and barely escaping with her life, so part of me still expects to see her pull on a Batman cowl at some point.

Cersei - One of the few characters remaining that I look forward to seeing die. Maggy the Frog's prophesy when Cersei was a girl told that she would have three children who would all die and that she would be killed by "the valonqar" (little brother). While she (and most of us) assumed that meant Tryion, she was born before her twin Jaime, so it could also mean him. I'd like it to be Jaime who kills her now that he sees her for what she really is. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it lead to him killing himself as well.

Sansa - I think she might die. I just don't see a place for her anywhere when the series ends. Despite becoming a little more politically savvy lately, she has spent most of the series like a leaf being blown around by swirling winds, totally at the mercy of those around her. I don't think the character has done enough to earn a happy ending.

Jaime - I think Jaime's redemption will be complete by the end of the show, both in the eyes of the audience and in-universe. Doesn't mean he'll survive though.

Jorah - I have Ser Jorah Mormont penciled in for a heroic death protecting Daenerys.

Samwell - he has to survive, surely. He has Gilly and little Sam to look after.

Varys - The player of the longest of long games, Varys has been plotting to return a Targaryen to the throne since the day King's Landing fell. I think he'll survive. He's just to well prepared to ever be taken by surprise.

Theon - Will probably be put out of his misery at some point. His sister will probably end up with the Iron Islands.

The Hound - We're all hoping to see him fight his brother The Mountain. I'm sure he will. I'm sure he'll win.

Davos - Still has to invent the Daleks at some point. Oh wait.... that's Davros. Hoping to see Ser Davos make the red woman Melisandre pay for all the innocent people she has killed.

Brienne - Although she doesn't seem that interested in him just yet, I'd love to see her end up with Tormund Giantsbane. Imagine bringing him home to Tarth to meet the family. That being said, she had spent the series constantly telling people she will sacrifice her life for theirs, so maybe she'll get the chance.

Podrick - Will end up being knighted after proving himself in battle.

Grey Worm and Missandei - Will get married and live frustratingly ever-after.

Bronn - His luck will run out at some point.

The Night's King - Will either die in one-on-one combat with Jon Snow or will be melted by dragon's fire.

Last edited:
Okay, two eps done in season 8. No one posted anything yet? Shame!

Anyway, I don't really know what to write neither. They certainly take their time with buildup. Which is kind of awesome in its own way. Battle sequences are fine, but I watch long-running series for the character interaction and development. And on that, they deliver. Though I can't shake the feeling that since the show overtook the books, it has become much more conventional in its storylines.

Not bad, but way too much fan service.

How many times do you need to show Tormund fawning over Briene?

That was not fanservice, that was cringeworthy. I assume deliberately. :D

Also, regarding another, much smaller character...
The nude scene with Arya made me look up Maisie Williams' age because it occured to me they may have waited this long with a nude scene for her character because of her young age, but she's actually 22 already (so probably 20 or 21 at the time of filming).

Anyway, that was comedy gold anyway. From the moment she left The Hound and Beric it was obvious she would end up having sex with Gendry that night - and her interviewing him like it's a job application before basically ordering him to undress was just so absurd I couldn't help but laugh.

That was not fanservice, that was cringeworthy. I assume deliberately. :D

Also, regarding another, much smaller character...
The nude scene with Arya made me look up Maisie Williams' age because it occured to me they may have waited this long with a nude scene for her character because of her young age, but she's actually 22 already (so probably 20 or 21 at the time of filming).

Anyway, that was comedy gold anyway. From the moment she left The Hound and Beric it was obvious she would end up having sex with Gendry that night - and her interviewing him like it's a job application before basically ordering him to undress was just so absurd I couldn't help but laugh.

P2vy2tn.png

In case anybody missed it, the fate of Ed Sheeran's character was revealed in the first episode of the season. When Bronn's prostitutes were discussing what happened to various Lannister soldiers they'd serviced, they mentioned a redhead named Eddie who'd had his face burned off. That was Sheeran's character.

So, I have this nagging feeling a lot of people are going to die next episode, Theon, The onion knight, Ayra, the Hound, all of their character arcs seem to have come to an end/full circle......It's GoT so they might surprise us, but those are my predictions.

So, I have this nagging feeling a lot of people are going to die next episode, Theon, The onion knight, Ayra, the Hound, all of their character arcs seem to have come to an end/full circle......It's GoT so they might surprise us, but those are my predictions.

Another random thought : you noticed how much they talked about the crypt and pointed out that that was where the women and children would be so they be safe....something terrible is going to happen in that crypt.

Another random thought : you noticed how much they talked about the crypt and pointed out that that was where the women and children would be so they be safe....something terrible is going to happen in that crypt.

There's a lot of fan theory about that crypt, which holds thousands of years worth of dead Starks. Supposedly the Horn of Winter could bring them back. There's also one of the teasers for this season focused on that crypt.

My theory is that the army of the dead will kill everyone, the Night King will go sit on the throne, a little piece of bent Valyrian steel will poke him in the ass, and he'll die along with his whole army (when you kill a white walker, all the wights he raised go down, sort of like vampire style)

Stick em with the pointy end!

Well, less death then I expected, and so that's it? Night king/white walkers undead whatevers gone? Only Cersei left to deal with? Agains almost all the hero's and 2 dragons? They will only need 2 more episodes......

Last edited:
I also expected more deaths.

I was expecting Thormund and/or Brienne, and Grey Worm xor Missandei to die, most probably Missandei since I was expecting the crypt to be a total bloodbath. The would have taken care of Guilly as well.