#gear.fi 2015

OK, I don't think I'll be able to gather more than two people who are willing to take the ferry with me so it's much cheaper (and faster) to fly in as well.

The plan would be the same as D-Fence's, but options for cheap(ish) flights are limited. We should try to coordinate the arrival on Friday and the departure on Sunday so we're able to be picked up and dropped off in one go rather than having two (or even more) separate times.

At this stage I am out completely. There is no way for me to possibly afford this.

OK, I don't think I'll be able to gather more than two people who are willing to take the ferry with me so it's much cheaper (and faster) to fly in as well.

The plan would be the same as D-Fence's, but options for cheap(ish) flights are limited. We should try to coordinate the arrival on Friday and the departure on Sunday so we're able to be picked up and dropped off in one go rather than having two (or even more) separate times.

Lufthansel
8:45 MUC 12:15 HEL 2:30 Std. Nonstop
19:30 HEL 21:10 MUC 2:40 Std. Nonstop

Finnair
10:45 MUC 14:20 HEL 2:35 Std. Nonstop
16:20 HEL 17:50 MUC 2:30 Std. Nonstop

These two look reasonable for me. And cheap is not the word I'd use. Preferring first one.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the suggested 20.-22.2. seems to suit most people we should go with that. Unlike last year we don't have a set event, so no set schedule (or a confirmed track for that matter), but I'm sure we can figure something out. If nothing else, some great sideroads for, ehm, test drive purposes. And if we find a track south enough (weather permitting) you are all welcome to stay at my place. Should help with travel budget. :)

Once I'm at home I'll look at flights...

If I book Lufthansa I could take the same outbound flight if since there are no direct flights... :lol:

Then again, the flight in Hamburg leaves at 06:30h :)yawn:) and the latest return flight would take off at 18:05h via Frankfurt:
Outbound: 06:30h HAM 07:50h MUC + 08:45 MUC 12:15 HEL
Inbound: 18:05h HEL 19:50h FRA + 21:30h FRA 22:35h HAM
That would cost 196 Euros.

More viable because nonstop, but 60 Euros more expensive:
Outbound: 12:40h HAM 15:35 HEL 1:55h Nonstop
Inbound: 17:25h HEL 18:30 HAM 2:05h Nonstop
Thursday to Monday as I did last year or Friday to Monday is just as expensive, last year I paid 80 Euros less (176 instead of 257 Euros, booked on January 31st for February 20th to 24th)... :mad:

Well if you take the second one and I take the Finnair one we don't have tooo much overlap, I leave an hour earlier on Sunday but arrive an hour earlier on Friday, that could work?

Otherwise, I'd prefer my first one, maybe two people in HEL can pick us up and I wait on Sunday? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Then let's settle on Lufthansa since I don't mind getting up so early or flying a bit longer. At least we can take the same outbound flight so no one has to wait in Helsinki. ;) If Mikko doesn't mind I'm contemplating about flying home on Monday at 14:00h since it costs the same.

No problem. Having more time would be better anyway, as Fri-Sun effectively leaves just one full day for shenanigans. But whatever you guys have time for.

OK, so we'll arrive with the same flight on Friday at 12:15h, but Alex will return on Sunday at 19:30h while I'll return on Monday at 14:00h.

Bastards. Now i'll have to drive alone?

EDIT: Forgot Beni is cooking something up as well. So we're still two cars. Most likely driving to Tallinn, i think?

Last edited:
Flights booked.
Me too, and since the credit card company reimburses for seat reservations up to 50 Euros per calendar year I reserved seats in the exit row. :D

Yay, people coming to Finland! \o/

Quite many of us live less than half an hour away from the airport, so I guess it's pretty much irrelevant if people arrive at different times. :)

Adrian, you'll be picking Liga up in Latvia, right? I'd say I would at least hop into your car if my other plans don't work out, if you reckon we could get three people and luggage in the car between Latvia and Tallinn as a worst case scenario?

That's the current plan, yes. We're both small enough to comfortably fit in the back, according to Adrian, and luggage space I'd say should be sufficient, considering I'm only bringing a weekend's worth of stuff myself.

Good, sounds like a backup plan then!