General Anime Thread

Thanks for the tips salle. Also, I went back and re-examined some of the anime I've seen before, and it turns out it isn't that I'm not used to subs, it's just that the subs in my release (zx) of Evangelion suck. I watched Initial D, a quarter of Gundam Wing, and a fifth of Monster all with subs and had no problems. The problem with my Eva release is that the subs are too big and say multiple things at once. For example if someones talking and there's a tv in the background, the subs will have translations for both, just the tv is italicized. It sometimes ends up being 4 lines of subs and gets pretty trippy. Anyway I'm almost done the series so I might as well stick with it.

Oh dear, i seemed to have procured myself a copy of 2006 haruhi, I'll watch the proper episode later but since i watched this episode you know what that means.

I'll think I'm trying to answer the questions on your math test, but nope! All I'll be thinking about is-

Nazonazo mitai ni chikyuugi o tokiakashitara
Minna de doko made mo ikeru ne

I'll think I'm playing basketball with your teammates, but nope! All I'll think about is

I'll think I'm about to achieve enlightenment, the pearly gates of knowledge are opening up, and all the secrets of the universe are about to be revealed. ...BUT NO! ALL I'M THINKING ABOUT IS-

It will never leave, it will never leave. It's like an addiction. You think you're over it. You think "I only know a few lyrics of the song, uh, what is it, um

'Nazonazo mitai ni chikyuugi o tokiakashitara

Wakuwakushitai to negainagara sugoshiteta yo
Kanaete kureta no wa dare na no?

Jikan no hate made Boooon!!

Waapu de ruupu na kono omoi wa
Nani mo kamo o makikonda souzou de asobou

Aru hareta hi no koto
Mahou ijou no yukai ga
Kagirinaku furisosogu fukanou ja nai wa
Ashita mata au toki warainagara hamingu
Ureshisa o atsumeyou
Kantan nanda yo ko-n-na-no
Oikakete ne tsukamaete mite
Ooki na yume & yume suki deshou?

Iroiro yosou ga dekisou de dekinai mirai
Sore de mo hitotsu dake wakaru yo

Kirakira hikatte atsui kumo no ue o kazaru
Hoshi-tachi ga kibou o kureru to

Jikan ni norou yo Byuuuuun!!

Chiipu de kuuru na toshigoro da mon
Samishigaccha hazukashii yo nante ne iwasete

Te to te o tsunaidara
Mukau toko muteki desho
Kagayaita hitomi ni wa fukanou ga nai no
Ue dake mite iru to namida mo kawaichau
?Kawaritai!?
Kokoro kara tsuyoku omou hodo tsu-ta-wa-ru
Hashiridasu yo ushiro no hito mo oide yo
Dokidokih suru deshou?

Boooon!!

Waapu de ruupu na kono omoi wa
Nani mo kamo o makikonda souzou de asobou

Aru hareta hi no koto
Mahou ijou no yukai ga
Kagirinaku furisosogu fukanou ja nai wa
Ashita mata au toki warainagara hamingu
Ureshisa o atsumeyou
Kantan nanda yo ko-n-na-no
Oikakete ne tsukamaete mite
Ooki na yume & yume suki deshou?!
'"

I mean once you hear it once, it will never, ever go away. At least i hope it won't

Last edited:
Oh dear, i seemed to have procured myself a copy of 2006 haruhi, I'll watch the proper episode later but since i watched this episode you know what that means.

*rant about Hare Hare Yukai*

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lupin_iv/2010/06/30/what.png

According to continuity, episode 1 of 2k6 haruhi is about episode 12 if you watch them chronologically, I'll go around and watch episode 1 of the 2009 version since it's also the first chronologically and I'd rather watch the 2009 version. But I don't have time to watch it right now and I'm trying to limit my internet usage to focus on studies.

but since i already watched this episode up to the end credits I rediscovered ?hare hare yukai?, my only previous contact with it being the 16-bit version (aka: Konata's ringtone) hence my rant above.

If you're willing to put stock in a theory than came from 4chan...
It's the heart that contains the spirit seen in the afterlife.
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lupin_iv/2010/06/29/There_can_only_be_one_heart.jpg

I guess that's a workable explanation, but it's still weird that Otonashi died first, and yet Kanade appears in afterlife before him.

this thread is getting really strange with spoiler replies to spoiler quotes

Ga- Gao~ (or "I watched the first episode of Air and can't get over their weird faces")
oh I don't know if I've mentioned it before but Hanamaru Youchien is also a must see slice of life. this time it's about a kindergarten.

Ga- Gao~ (or "I watched the first episode of Air and can't get over their weird faces")
oh I don't know if I've mentioned it before but Hanamaru Youchien is also a must see slice of life. this time it's about a kindergarten.

.hack//SIGN had some similarly weird faces, couldn't put my finger on it but something threw me off. That and the first 5 episodes were primarily Tsukasa grunting.

So I finished watching Evangelion... I don't really know what to say about it. Honestly, I don't see what's so special about. Everywhere I go I see "z0mg Eva is the best anime evar lolol!!" I didn't go into it expecting anything, went in with an open mind and it was still pretty bad imo. The main character is annoying as hell and should have committed suicide very early on. It tried pulling a lot of philosophical stuff towards the end as well, and that was stupid too. What is reality? What is truth? Ugh give me a break. I enjoy philosophy more than anyone I know and sometimes I go on for hours discussing it, but to me that's not philosophy, those are just pretty words. Opinions? Am I looking at it from the wrong angle here? I just want to know what people think is so great about this show...

Btw salle I remember your post about it being "poo" and after having watched it I agree. I just wanted to see it to the end because the whole time it seemed like it was going somewhere...

Because in 1995 there were 2 or 3 anime's at the video store on VHS, and Evangelion was the most abstract and the primary giant robot anime. The days before the internet were dark indeed.

so episode 4 is actually episode 7, therefore 7 and 4 are switched right? unless of course 5 is actually 4 like what happens with 12 and 1.

Now, few things i want to point out:

1.I'm acrually quite enjoying this series
2. Hirano has a excellent voice range, not for one minute I've found myself thinking konata. Minori Chihara's voice acting on the other hand is less varied between this and her Lucky Star performance as Minami. Though I'll admit that when you're playing stoic charachters you don't have much room for different voices.
3.i seem to have gotten kana?kana? as a verbal tic.

Because in 1995 there were 2 or 3 anime's at the video store on VHS, and Evangelion was the most abstract and the primary giant robot anime. The days before the internet were dark indeed.

Those poor souls should have been introduced to Gundam Wing :D

so episode 4 is actually episode 7, therefore 7 and 4 are switched right? unless of course 5 is actually 4 like what happens with 12 and 1.

Now, few things i want to point out:

1.I'm acrually quite enjoying this series
2. Hirano has a excellent voice range, not for one minute I've found myself thinking konata. Minori Chihara's voice acting on the other hand is less varied between this and her Lucky Star performance as Minami. Though I'll admit that when you're playing stoic charachters you don't have much room for different voices.
3.i seem to have gotten kana?kana? as a verbal tic.

Actually the series is a little bit more jumbled if you watched the 2006 broadcast version. Also the 2009 episodes sit with in the 2006 episodes in cronological order.
Your previous post was a bit confusing, by 2009 version did you mean the full 28 episodes?
Anyway, here is the list of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya episodes in cronological order with the 2006 episodes (episode numbers in broadcast order) and the new 2009 episodes.

1: 2006 episode 2 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 1
2: 2006 episode 3 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 2
3: 2006 episode 5 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3
4: 2006 episode 10 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4
5: 2006 episode 13 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5
6: 2006 episode 14 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6
7: 2006 episode 4 The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
8: 2009 episode 1 Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
9: 2006 episode 7 Myst?rique Sign
10: 2006 episode 6 Remote Island Syndrome Part 1
11: 2006 episode 8 Remote Island Syndrome Part 2
12: 2009 episode 2 Endless Eight
13: 2009 episode 3 Endless Eight
14: 2009 episode 4 Endless Eight
15: 2009 episode 5 Endless Eight
16: 2009 episode 6 Endless Eight
17: 2009 episode 7 Endless Eight
18: 2009 episode 8 Endless Eight
19: 2009 episode 9 Endless Eight
20: 2009 episode 10 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 1
21: 2009 episode 11 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 2
22: 2009 episode 12 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3
23: 2009 episode 13 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4
24: 2009 episode 14 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5
25: 2006 episode 1 The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00
26: 2006 episode 12 Live Alive
27: 2006 episode 11 The Day of Sagittarius
28: 2006 episode 9 Someday in the Rain

Endless Eight is not so bad if you aren't waiting for the next episode :p

Last edited:
Well that'll help me sort it out. yes I ended up watching the 2006 episodes because i cba to find the 2009 series, however the site from which I'm watching it has a season 2 listed, i can only imagine are the 2009 episodes (endless eight and the like) anyone can recommend me a good site to watch all of my anime?

oh, +rep to you BlitzR

The season 2 episodes listed on that website are the 2009 episodes. And the movie comes in at the end.

Last edited: