General Anime Thread

read the manga it's not like they are doing anything that isn't in the spirit of the manga

literally just found out about this series and getting the first episode right now.

EDIT: Just watched the first episode, have to say aside from the usual bouncing boobies and undie shots this does look very good and i'm willing to give more episodes a go.

Last edited:
read the manga it's not like they are doing anything that isn't in the spirit of the manga

And this is why I despise much of the fanbase of this series.
People read the manga sold those of us who didn't by saying it was an awesome series about zombies, then tell us we should have read it first as soon as any complaint arises because the show is exactly the same.
Basically, if you were hyping this as having anything to look forward to other than mindless fanservice past the third chapter, you trolled us.

The manga is probably 20% fanservice and 80% ultra violence. I would say it is pretty similar to Tengou Tenge in terms of over all feel maybe a bit more fan servicey. I'm sorry you can't handle anime directed at teenage boys. It turns out not every series is going to be Baccano!

and now for the shitty news

R.I.P. Satoshi Kon

Funny you should mention Baccano! as I'm currently watching it, and it has been more violent than a series that you claim should be 80% violence despite half of it being dialogue.

Last edited:
What does amount violence have to do with the amount of fan service? I was suggesting that Baccano might be more of a mature/adult oriented show compared to HotD which is very obviously aimed at the 16-20 crowd. Of course Baccano! is more violent it is probably one of the most violent animes i have seen in recent memory it is also significantly more complex and deep than HotD. Also i never said you should read the manga first I just said that matrix boobs were in the spirit of the manga since it has it's fair share of fan-service (no surprise since the mangaka used to write doujin) I am sorry you feel that I trolled you by suggesting you watch the zombie violence show with the panty shots.

Last edited:
literally just found out about this series and getting the first episode right now.

EDIT: Just watched the first episode, have to say aside from the usual bouncing boobies and undie shots this does look very good and i'm willing to give more episodes a go.

Hahaha, I found out about it today too lol.

Is this amount of tit jiggling and pantie shots normal for anime? :lol: Either way there is enough violence, cliches and blatently stolen soundtrack to keep me entertained.

(Its not often I watch anime, I watched Death Note for a while but not much else...)

Is this amount of tit jiggling and pantie shots normal for anime? :lol: Either way there is enough violence, cliches and blatently stolen soundtrack to keep me entertained.

depends on the anime really, on the subject of the soundtrack. at the end of the first episode it took me hours to realise that the music used was from 28 Days Later. i kept thinking that i knew it from somewhere but just couldn't place it.

depends on the anime really, on the subject of the soundtrack. at the end of the first episode it took me hours to realise that the music used was from 28 Days Later. i kept thinking that i knew it from somewhere but just couldn't place it.

Yep, it's certainly not part of every, or even most anime, but I would consider it normal :lol:

I'm sure I'll be checking this out at some point. Disclaimer: I haven't and don't plan on reading the manga.

Last edited:
Not ponyo the new film they made about borrowers, it's only out in japan ATM. Here is what my friend in japan said about it:

two main characters. one who is destined to go extinct, and one who is a young boy who is dying. the entire movie waits till the very end before they can finally be true friends, only to rip them apart because of misunderstandings.

then it just ends. very, very suddenly.

in a disney movie? the boy (who has a miserable life) would have been shrunken down to arietty's size to live happily and healthy with her and her family, be loved, and help the little folks stay alive (by marrying her as they were rather prepared to fall in love it seemed). in ghibli movies, her family is forced to move since their house is destroyed, and shou has to say goodbye (after a heartbreaking scene where arietty hugs his finger and says he is a piece of her heart, and he tells her she's given him the will to live, to survive his surgery) and go back to his very lonely life being ignored by his divorced parents and probably dying young because he is so ill.

So yeah. Apparently very depressing movie so I can understand why it might do badly.

I've thought long and hard about it and should i ever do a mangs, they would sue me for plaigarizing higurashi except for the fact it would be set in 2007, not feature any dieties, and much more sadistic storylines.

@studio Ghibli closing down, I'm quite sad by it, despite never ever watching a complete movie by them.

Studio Ghibli was responsible for one of the first Anime movies i saw, Laputa the Flying Castle was one of the greatest films i had seen and still remains a viewing classic to this day. its a shame they're shutting down, especially since all the classics they were repsonsible for making.

I've thought long and hard about it and should i ever do a mangs, they would sue me for plaigarizing higurashi except for the fact it would be set in 2007, not feature any dieties, and much more sadistic storylines.

@studio Ghibli closing down, I'm quite sad by it, despite never ever watching a complete movie by them.

Hell Girl
? (haven't watched it myself)

A bit into the third chapter and I can safely say that the Higurashi visual novels are worth reading, though quite long.

Hell Girl
? (haven't watched it myself)

A bit into the third chapter and I can safely say that the Higurashi visual novels are worth reading, though quite long.

With that title hell no.
Thinking about it, 2007, big city as setting, all characters are a bit older (juuuust turning 18 so they still look like teens yet can drive a car with the youger ones being 14-15).The first arc involves all but one of the main cast getting the plague therefore all of them are paranoid of that guy, joining forces to dispose of him. and then they kill each other.

The Japanese have some interesting views on Christianity. Apparently being a member of the English Purist Church allows you to summon rock golems.

Now it's a race between the Haruhi DVD's and the beginning of my classes.

The Japanese have some interesting views on Christianity. Apparently being a member of the English Purist Church allows you to summon rock golems.

That was one of the coolest scenes in Index.