General Anime Thread

What I want to know is, why Kenshin? Why not some car filled anime?

More importantly why not Hiko, Saito or Aoishi... Fuck why not Hitokiri Kenshin instead of stupid cute retarded kenshin....

Okay here's what happened.

Dude 1: Sir, we don't have any ideas to make any arcs.
Dude 2 : Oh shit! What do we do.
Dude 1: Well, you could invest more money in adaptating another arc.
Dude 2: No, here's what we're gonna do. take any arc and extend it the episodes that you need.
Dude 1:But sir, you are suggesting about hour and a half of filler.
Dude 2: Do it or you're fired
Dude 1: (reluctantly) All right. (thinks) I think I may know just the right arc to extend.

And so is why we have episodes 2,5 and 6 of endless eight (3,6 and 7 on the overall season). Still totally worth it.

Actually it was more like...

Yutaka Yamamoto: Endless Eight should be no more than 2 episodes and you can finish the 2009 run with Disappearance.
corporate: Shut up! You already submitted your resignation, and we never asked you anyway.

well I've finished it, truth be told I was disappointed by the hogging of the season by endless eight, it doesn't quite compare to the 2006 run.
Still, Disappearance should cheer me up.

It seems all of my co-workers have seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and recommend it.

So then, here goes...

HOT BLOODED PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just finished FMA:Brotherhood... i hated the first FMA but brotherhood was fanfuckingtastic... probably one of the best anime i have seen ever... Very satisfiying ending with little to no Deus Ex Machina

HOT BLOODED PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just finished FMA:Brotherhood... i hated the first FMA but brotherhood was fanfuckingtastic... probably one of the best anime i have seen ever... Very satisfiying ending with little to no Deus Ex Machina

This can be very annoying when abused.

http://img824.imageshack.**/img824/7338/vlcsnap00071.jpg

Because it did. :p

Sooo that video made me watch K-On! And I finished watching it. Pretty good anime to waste time :p. And there is a second season right? K-On!!? Could one kind hearted gentlemen (or lady) please show me a link :D

Oh and
http://img824.imageshack.**/img824/7338/vlcsnap00071.jpg

Because it did. :p

Can you tell me from which anime is this from? :D

Last edited:
Sooo that video made me watch K-On! And I finished watching it. Pretty good anime to waste time :p. And there is a second season right? K-On!!? Could one kind hearted gentlemen (or lady) please show me a link :D

Oh and

Can you tell me from which anime is this from? :D

If it's Haruhi then I proclaim myself psychic, because I have never actually seen what Haruhi looks like. EDIT - I think I am right after some Googling. I must have seen that girl somewhere....

As for K-ON!!, two sites I like to download from are otakuworks.com and hsbsitez.com, can't really find direct links as I am at work but it should be on both. otakuworks tends to be more consistent with quality but hsbsitez has a huge selection.

Last edited:
http://img405.imageshack.**/img405/74/vlcsnap2010092915h36m50.png

you're a psychic, will I get my PS3 in christmas?

you're a psychic, will I get my PS3 in christmas?

It's one of those things that you remember the fact but don't remember where you learned it :lol:

Umm let's see I got 50/50 to keep my streak going. I'm going to say yes, assuming you don't change your mind and want something else.

I can imagine a meh anime where every car is a Subaru. They better goddamn well have someone of the main cast drive a Legacy.

Not sure if want.

The characters will probably just drive around in a WRX or something. :dunno: Not sure how it could be more than that unless racing/driving is central to the plot.

Although it seems that real-life cars pop up strangely often in Anime, at least where I am used to any media just using generic stuff unless sponsored. Death Note had a Porsche 911 near the end IIRC... and I saw something, maybe Ai Yori Aoshi, with a BMW Z3. Strangest one was Gate Keepers, with a random Toyota Sports 800 vs. Lotus Super 7 race (you can't exactly call that advertisement).

Ok ok, the more I think about it, I'm intrigued.

Last edited:
weird ones pop up, besides car related anime. Sailor moon featured a 2000GT convertible, Pokemon a Subary 360. IIRC Haruhi once had a branded Audi A2 just driving in the background.

It's really wierd