General Anime Thread

weird ones pop up, besides car related anime. Sailor moon featured a 2000GT convertible, Pokemon a Subary 360. IIRC Haruhi once had a branded Audi A2 just driving in the background.

It's really wierd

You reminded me of the 2000GT in Zone of the Enders. IT TAKES PLACE IN THE 2160s.

It seems that I've re-started watching Naruto at exactly the right time as they're starting what I'd like to call the ?look, Naruto is a long-ass series and we know you can't be bothered to look at around 430 episodes so here's a quick recap? arc.

Since season 2 starts next week and I still never got around to it, I'm about to start on the first season of Index.

Started off better than it ended. Railgun was a bit better but suffered from the same problem. Both are worth watching.

EDIT: Tale my opinions with a grain of salt, I'm a sucker for character development and unimpressed by "save the world" plots.

EDIT 2: They also both have very good music.

Last edited:
ANN failed hard, so now there's a raw for Oreimo ep2 floating around the internet 16 hours before it even airs in Japan.
Surprisingly good quality for a stream raw, too.

So I've started watching K-On. Seems interesting.

Doubles posta!!!
I just realised that today (13th) is this threads 1st Birthday! Hoorah for lupin? :p

Anyways I started watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
1.A big WTF on the first episode. I wasn't going to keep watching this anime but ended up watching it.
2.Watching the 6th episode now. Who the hell decided on the order of this anime?? Was it Haruhi herself? Oh well a quick wiki clears things up. But still.........:?

The original airing of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is called the kyon order :p
If you were watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in kyon order that probably means you were watching the 1st season, so please note that 2nd season(2009) fits with in the 1 season when it is in cronological order. Not confusing at all:p
1: 2006 episode 2 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 1
2: 2006 episode 3 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 2
3: 2006 episode 5 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3
4: 2006 episode 10 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4
5: 2006 episode 13 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5
6: 2006 episode 14 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6
7: 2006 episode 4 The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
8: 2009 episode 1 Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
9: 2006 episode 7 Myst?rique Sign
10: 2006 episode 6 Remote Island Syndrome Part 1
11: 2006 episode 8 Remote Island Syndrome Part 2
12: 2009 episode 2 Endless Eight
13: 2009 episode 3 Endless Eight
14: 2009 episode 4 Endless Eight
15: 2009 episode 5 Endless Eight
16: 2009 episode 6 Endless Eight
17: 2009 episode 7 Endless Eight
18: 2009 episode 8 Endless Eight
19: 2009 episode 9 Endless Eight
20: 2009 episode 10 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 1
21: 2009 episode 11 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 2
22: 2009 episode 12 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3
23: 2009 episode 13 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4
24: 2009 episode 14 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5
25: 2006 episode 1 The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00
26: 2006 episode 12 Live Alive
27: 2006 episode 11 The Day of Sagittarius
28: 2006 episode 9 Someday in the Rain

Last edited:
lol yeah I was going through whole thread and saw that post. Im watching it according to Kyon order or the way its posted here :p
Now since the episodes on AnimeFreak is from the 2006 order I guess I will watch that. Then later download the 2009 episodes...........

Who the hell thought this was a good idea :shakefist:

lol yeah I was going through whole thread and saw that post. Im watching it according to Kyon order or the way its posted here :p
Now since the episodes on AnimeFreak is from the 2006 order I guess I will watch that. Then later download the 2009 episodes...........

Who the hell thought this was a good idea :shakefist:

I'll be doing the same thing eventually... I hear about this anime too much not to watch it and it seems most natural to watch in order of airdate.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, which I've been watching on recommendation of just about everyone here at work, just pulled a 180 halfway through and has a completely new plot. Not sure if I like.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, which I've been watching on recommendation of just about everyone here at work, just pulled a 180 halfway through and has a completely new plot. Not sure if I like.

episode 13? i think it started to totally suck around episode 13 or 14...

I love how much HOT BLOODED PASSION is in that show but it just starts to suck sadly

Last edited:
episode 13? i think it started to totally suck around episode 13 or 14...

I love how much HOT BLOODED PASSION is in that show but it just starts to suck sadly

Nah, episode 15 I think. The first plot just climaxed and was suddenly over, now there's a completely new one...

I'm at the point where it jumps 7 years into the future after Simon kills the Helix/Spiral King

Last edited:
Ookay finished watching 2006 Haruhi. Still picking up pieces of brain after trying to get all of the episodes in order :?.... There is one thing that I can't understand yet. I will spoiler it just in case..

Now in the last episode (in Kyon order)(Or the 6th overall episode) at the end Kyon tells Haruhi about everything right(Espers, Time Travelers, Aliens)? If so why isn't Haruhi going all crazy in the later episodes (Later as in overall episode later) Or does that happen in the 2009 Haruhi?

Now in the last episode (in Kyon order)(Or the 6th overall episode) at the end Kyon tells Haruhi about everything right(Espers, Time Travelers, Aliens)? If so why isn't Haruhi going all crazy in the later episodes (Later as in overall episode later) Or does that happen in the 2009 Haruhi?

The full scene of the meeting between Kyon and Haruhi in last episode (kyon order), is shown at the end of the last episode of the 2009 season (2009 episode 14 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5)

hmm, thanks to this thread i'm acquiring the first episodes of Haruhi (2009 version) and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. let the mind exploding begin.

The full scene of the meeting between Kyon and Haruhi in last episode (kyon order), is shown at the end of the last episode of the 2009 season (2009 episode 14 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5)

That's actually the second time he tries to explain everything. Kyon even mentions to Koizumi in Sigh that he feels the concept of Haruhi's movie was his own fault because of the first attempt.