General Anime Thread

Haven't really followed it recently but is there any word about some new Initial D episodes?

No. 4th Stage was the newest, 5th Stage won't be made for a while because 4th Stage already catched up to the manga.

Edit: Just watched Planzet.

The story is very cliche, the fights are very boring, overall, not recommended. I guess they spent the budget on the seiyuus, the voice acting is the only thing that's carrying this show. The main character Hiroshi is voiced by Miyano Mamoru (the seiyuu for Light in Death Note).
While some scenes looks very realistic, most of the scenes in the movie looks very un-natural, it's like the character movements are made in MMD. The first fight with the aliens is alright, but it's filled with cliches. Running out of ammo? Seriously?! The Kairos attack agains the aliens are even worse, if it took 20 mins to transfer all the base's power to do one attack, where did the Kairos still get power from? What's with the lame laser beam attacks.
Overall, maybe 3/10, not worth watching at all.

Last edited:
I just finished watching both Clannad and the After Story. Read the spoiler only if you have finished watching all of the After Story episodes.

:( that has to be without question or shadow of doubt the most heartbreaking ending animation to an Anime ever.

You know when you said that, I really thought you were referring to a different anime. After watching Clannad I failed to see what was so heart breaking. Sure the Fuko incident tugged on the heart strings but overall it had a happy ending.

Then I started to watch the After story. And Nagisa died. I normally don't cry when watching sad movies or anything. But this is the first time that I was really on the verge of crying. Every time when Tomoya mention Nagisa, it just makes me want to cry also.

I really like Clannad. It may be a tad seriously sad but it takes you to a really different place!

Why the hell are the last 2 days of waiting so hard.

Last edited:
K-On!! ep.24
It's finally over, ep.24 is very touching. Seeing Azu-nyan cry and Yui and the others sing a song for her. While S2 is not as good as S1, it's still a good series over all. I love how they ended it with a proper graduation.
8/10 for S2, 10/10 for this ep!

OH GOD WHEN YOU QUOTE A SPOILER YOU CAN SEE IT (should have seen that coming).

Right on cue, I started with Epsode 1 yesterday (I like to wait until the end of the season so I can watch at my own pace i.e. very quickly.

I don't know what rubbish are you on about, I'm adoring Endless Eight, though it seems I'm the only one. it's probably the fact that I love time loops and characters figuring out stuff as it passes

But most of all I stayed for Yuki, KyoAni did an excellent work on making me feel sympathy for her. I mean look at her:
http://img695.imageshack.**/img695/7643/vlcsnap2010091520h47m21.png
For all this time she's been pretty stoic, but the look of sadness in this pic, you can tell she's destroyed by living the same 2 weeks for the last 594 years (So far)and not particularly keen on living them again.

I don't know what rubbish are you on about, I'm adoring Endless Eight, though it seems I'm the only one. it's probably the fact that I love time loops and characters figuring out stuff as it passes

Well that plot device sounds familiar. I will have to check it out.

There are still two episodes left.
And a DVD/BD special episode scheduled if I remember correctly.

Close enough, it will be finished by the time I've gone through the first 24 :p

But most of all I stayed for Yuki, KyoAni did an excellent work on making me feel sympathy for her. I mean look at her:
*sad girl named snow*
For all this time she's been pretty stoic, but the look of sadness in this pic, you can tell she's destroyed by living the same 2 weeks for the last 594 years (So far)and not particularly keen on living them again.
Indeed, rewatching Endless Eight yesterday, I realized that her expression in that scene changed slightly with each episode from disappointment that Kyon senses something strange but can't tell what in the second episode to aggravation over it in the fourth to full depression like she's given up hope by the last.

And yes, I did insert a Megatokyo joke in place of the images in the quote despite the fact I haven't read that comic in years.
Related: Disappearance on Blu-ray Dec. 18 in Japan, but still no word on when the US release will be.

OK, this has been bothering me for a while.

Is this not ripping off some classic American song (the tune, not the lyrics)? It's waaaaaaaaay too familiar but I can't for the life of me identify it.

the very beginning is reminiscent of Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis

What I want to know is, why Kenshin? Why not some car filled anime?

I've never seen a picture of an itasha of car based anime. I'm guessing it would be like dividing by zero; you just don't do it.

because of the Yo dawgness?

What I want to know is, why Kenshin? Why not some car filled anime?

At the Umass Amherst auto show earlier this year, there was an 80s accord wagon with what a friend identified as a Naruto character very skillfully and elaborately painted on the hood (the rest of the car was a complete overhaul too). We lol'd.

the very beginning is reminiscent of Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis

Possibly. I could also just be extrapolating because it's so generic.