(Geneva) Ruf RT-12 R

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
RUF RT 12 R REVEALED AT GENEVA
730hp and carbon fibre goodies for 'spartanic' 'Ring warrior

This is the new RUF RT 12 R, a track-focused version of RUF?s ultimate 911-based model on show at Geneva this week.

The RT 12 (for 12th generation of RUF-tuned 911 Turbos) has received a power boost for the R model, taking its output to 730hp and torque to 693lb ft. The car receives a prominent rear wing similar to the one fitted to the GT3 RSR race car, and also gets a carbon fibre bonnet and front bumper. Inside, a new grade of steel has been used for the integral roll cage ? saving 8kg ? and the interior is stripped of luxuries.

According to Alois Ruf this makes the car ?spartanic? which we think we like the sound of, and most suitable to fast lappery at the ?Ring.

The RT 12 is also available in ?S? tune, with 620hp and 605lb ft of torque, and with the option of a PDK gearbox as well as the 6-speed manual.

Also on the Ruf stand is the CTR3 mid-engined supercar (half in shot...), the 8-pot 911 (the RGT-8) and the E-Ruf with retro Targa body.

2218576_Rt_12_R.jpg

ruf-L.jpg

(Pistonheads.com) (Ruf-Automobile.de)

This might not be as much of an attention grabbing monster as the machinery made by 9ff, but Ruf's creations are well known for being more durable and better sorted. This slots inn nicely with the Ctr-3, RT-12 S, RGT-8, and Roadster.

This might not be as much of an attention grabbing monster as the machinery made by 9ff, but Ruf's creations are well known for being more durable, better sorted, and more readily licensed to videogames.

Let's face it, that's why a lot of us know of them, including myself :p

Take off the spoiler, add more turbo lag and rename it yellowbird II ???

:drool:

Compared to many tuned Porsches its surprisingly subtle.

Still rather have an R-Turbo though:

rturbo_1-L.jpg

I love subtlety, therefore, I love this.

"Hi, I'm not a tuned Porsche. No, wait...I am! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Love it! This is what I would consider as the real ancestor of the glorious CTR-family. Not to patch on the CTR 3, it's a great car but RUF should have been sticking to an insane rearengined 911-version for the CTR.

Thing is the CTR3 was RUF's way of answering to all those who claimed that with a little more effort the Cayman could be a 911-killer. I respect them for going out and doing just that.

Still rather have an R-Turbo though:

Well the Rt12 is basically the 997 generation of the R-Turbo =)
That new car does seem a bit loud for a Ruf though. It'd look much better in white or silver.

Thing is the CTR3 was RUF's way of answering to all those who claimed that with a little more effort the Cayman could be a 911-killer. I respect them for going out and doing just that.

Does the CTR have anything to do with the Cayman? From what I know it looks a bit like a 997, but the whole chassis is essentially a ground-up Ruf design.

Bumping this for a video with some driving. Shows some pictures first, then a little bit of driving with the RT-12 R. Sounds pretty sweet for a turbo, even though it's still a bit too muted...

Last edited: