• Another party

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
Car(s)
Z4.2
Election day is upon us! Some say, those who do not vote end up as The Stig's dinner.

Don't vote in the poll if you're not German or not eligible to vote, just post your favorites.

PS: This poll is for your secondary vote (Zweitstimme), because those have the greatest influence on the end result and keep the poll simple :)

Last edited:
The poll is not right, because every voter has two votes: One for the regional candidate (who make up the parliament) and one for the party (a.k.a. as chancelor vote).

I gave my regional vote for the SPD candidate and the second vote to the Pirate Party.

Last edited:
The poll is not right, because every voter has two votes: One for the regional candidate (who make up the parliament) and one for the party (a.k.a. as chancelor vote).

I am aware :p

The secondary vote (= party vote, not candidate vote for the nongermans) is the most important one though, which is why I didn't want to overcomplicate the poll - maybe I should have specified that straight away :)
Allowing more than one choice would also allow choosing three or more, so in theory you'd need one option for every combination.

I did indeed split my vote, and my poll vote reflects the secondary one.

Oh great, the forum knows the party colors pretty well. Only the pirate party got the entirely wrong one, and the green party is a bit off shade.

Last edited:
I went with the FDP this time around. Can't stand any green or SPD ideas, and the wahlomat confirmed this.

This surprises me...

Or doesn't it... mh...? Who's here? Car loving nerds... so maybe it doesn't surprise me at all.

But let's say it isn't representative

lol ... Germany has more choice than the US.

WHERE'S YOUR FREE COUNTRY NOW, AMERICANS? :lol:

(sorry, had to do it)

Mh... and u still have the English Queen somehow although she has nothing to do with you guys :shock: :thumbup:

Well, looks like a coalition of CDU/CSU and FDP will be the new government.

FDP is the big winner of these elections, while the SPD is the greatest loser. They have a catastrophic result (the worst since founding of the republic). Their losses are the result of a loss of identity and they now have a chance to rebuild it again in opposition.

Last edited:
Well, looks like a coalition of CDU/CSU and FDP will be the new government.
and thank god for that... SPD has turned into a bunch of people who will say and do anything to keep the voters happy, and I will spare you my oppinion of the Linke and Gr?ne. I don?t think any of those three would manage to do anything smart to get us the hell out of this crisis.

Here are the current results. There will only be minor changes until the official final result is declared:

chart_98230.png

Sooo... no speed limit in Germany for sure. Yay! :)

Last edited:
SPD :rofl:

Linke is scary though........

I like the fact that we will continue to have nuclear energy as soon as CDU and FDP form the government (come on, that's almost a given :D).

Also, respect for pirates for getting 2.1% in their first ever run.......if they manage to get a real program up they might be over 5% next time....and they get their money for "wahlkampfausgaben" back now.....partly.

chart_98664.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the fact that we will continue to have nuclear energy as soon as CDU and FDP form the government (come on, that's almost a given :D).

Yeah, let's build a new one right next to where you live. And while we're at it, also build a final waste deposit there :)

Mh... and u still have the English Queen somehow although she has nothing to do with you guys
Nah, she's just a figure-head, she has no rule over Canada. We stopped singing God Save the Queen with our National Anthem over ten years ago.

MacGuffin: Why not, I have no problem with that, I rather live next to a nuclear plant operated by Germans than 800km away from one operated by French/Italians etc.

Yeah, let's build a new one right next to where you live. And while we're at it, also build a final waste deposit there :)

MacGuffin: Why not, I have no problem with that, I rather live next to a nuclear plant operated by Germans than 800km away from one operated by French/Italians etc.

Yeah, seriously I prefer to get my power from a german plant rather than import it from one just across the border where the nuclear safety guys are significantly more relaxed than their german counterparts, and where they just got done fiddling with it so that they can power the germans as well....

Last edited:
You mean like Asse or Kr?mmel?

The German Railway was also considered extremely safe and reliable -- before Eschede.

Last edited:
:rofl: @ current vote result in this thread. 100% liberal, so to speak... not very close to the election results...

That shows how representative this forum is :)