Ownership Verified: German Obsession

eroy2

Car(s)
Something from either Germany or Japan
A little over 2 years ago I got my first German car. 2007 Audi RS4 http://forums.finalgear.com/post-your-car/replaced-my-1999-miata-last-night-42570/. January 21, of this year saw me go off roading onto someones lawn. Unfortunately for both me and my car, the decorative boulder that happened to be there destroyed the power train and ended up writing off the car or in other words a total loss by insurance. Funny enough it seems that I've been doing a Japanese/German jump because I bought a used 2010 Nissan Altima to replace it in the meantime. The meantime being a year or so. Best laid plans, etc... and then spring came around and Calgary, where I live, is notorious for having many many nice cars. A base Altima (ex rental car) cannot compete in terms of car lust like an RS4 can. Long story short, I got another German car. Thankfully, it is finally the dream car. 2005 Porsche 911 C2S Launch Edition. As I mentioned in my post when I got the RS4, I've got an understanding wife. And thankfully a reserved parking spot in a secure heated building during the day so I don't make 700 excuses to go check on my car. I suspect I would have had to take up smoking to rationalize that many trips to the parking lot.

Had the car about 2 months now and it is what I've always thought it would be. My friends at work hate me because I crashed an RS4 and ended up with a 911. Honestly, I agree with them. Anyway, it has baby seats in the back (wife's stipulation) and some excellent aftermarket parts from the previous owner. Tubi Exhaust, Champion RG5B wheels, Champion springs, Fabspeed intake. Enough talk, here are the pictures.

Proof first.

proof.JPG

proof2.JPG

From yesterday's road trip.

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is because the car is lowered slightly and the really deep dish on the rear wheels. The wheels are 19".

Last edited:
Did the gear lever come off when you removed that piece of paper? :p

It is a Porsche so I guess it's inevitable.

Since you didn't get the reference, watch Jeremy's review of your car from TG 05x01...:D

I got the reference all right. And the memory button on the door was definitely a pain. Thankfully my car wasn't driven by a horde of automotive journalists with no mechanical empathy.

Car good (great, actually... you bought the right Porsche).

Wheels.... terrible. They don't just look too big, they look out of place, for some reason.

The trip is with part of a car club I'm in. We had a track they just bulldozed. So now we have to do something else to keep the group together.

The wheels aren't my choice but they are really popular with the Porsche guys. But my choice costs about $5k CDN so these ones aren't going anywhere soon.

Yes a Fab speed intake.

E