Given the choice... (Best rental for a Canada/US trip)

mautzel

Car(s)
Octavia Combi Mk II
I'll be off to Canada/US for holidays in a couple of days (Nova Scotia, NorthEast US and French Canada) and wondering, assuming the rental car company had different cars in their lineup of full size saloons, which of these cars you'd pick/recommend.

My requirement is a roomy, full size saloon (full size by rental car company standards) that will fit three adults plus luggage for three weeks. As long as it comes with aircon, cruise control and an audio system that will pick a SD/USB storage device or connect to my phone via bluetooth in the basic trim level I'm happy (I don't expect anything more than the very base level from a rental car). I'm not looking for anything powerful as the car will be fitted with an extremely strict natural ESP device called parents. The vehicle named as reference is the Toyota Camry, but since I have a antipathy for Toyota I am hoping for something else than that.

The category is already fixed and rates have risen up to the sky since I booked the car, so fantasies like "get a Mustang, Challenger and Camaro for each of you" will be of no use to me.

Here's the lineup of cars you might consider:
Chevrolet Malibu
Chrysler 200
Ford Fusion
Honda Accord
Hyundai Sonata
Kia Optima
Mazda 6
Nissan Altima
Toyota Camry
VW Passat

I don't think that the VW Passat is a very common sight as a rental and actually would favour the Hyundai or Kia from all that I've read and seen so far.

So, what are your thoughts on that subject?

The Chrysler is the least favourite on my list so far, glad to hear you were satisfied with the Toyota, might not be that worse after all if I got that.