Global warming a scam? Hacked Hadley data might suggest so.

freefall

Car(s)
MX-5 NC
Examiner article

Examiner said:
The University of East Anglia's Hadley Climatic Research Centre appears to have suffered a security breach earlier today, when an unknown hacker apparently downloaded 1079 e-mails and 72 documents of various types and published them to an anonymous FTP server. These files appear to contain highly sensitive information that, if genuine, could prove extremely embarrassing to the authors of the e-mails involved. Those authors include some of the most celebrated names among proponents of the theory of anthropogenic global warming (AGW).

Some of the most embarrassing e-mails are attributed to Philip Jones, the Director of the CRU; Keith Briffa, his assistant; Michael E. Mann of the University of Virginia; Malcolm Hughes at the University of Arizona; and others. One such e-mail makes references to the famous "hockey-stick" graph published by Mann in the journal Nature:

I've just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline. Mike's series got the annual land and marine values while the other two got April-Sept for NH land N of 20N. The latter two are real for 1999, while the estimate for 1999 for NH combined is +0.44C wrt 61-90. The Global estimate for 1999 with data through Oct is +0.35C cf. 0.57 for 1998.

As embarrassing as the e-mails are, some of the documents are more embarrassing. They include a five-page PDF document titled The Rules of the Game, that appears to be a primer for propagating the AGW message to the average subject/resident of the United Kingdom.

Whoop-de-doo :rolleyes:

The file(s) in question on TPB.

When one of the parties is caught deliberately manipulating scientific data in one's favour (which this information strongly suggests, although does not prove yet) - it's quite a different story.

It's one thing when we have two groups of scientists disagree, it's completely another thing when one group is caught red-handed lying. Add some population brainwashing materials, and you have a hell of a lot to explain.

Edit:
Some ice caps do melt though, seems to be a proven fact, can't deny that. And then again, if something somewhere is warming up, it's a huge bloody assumption to label it anthropogenic.

Last edited:
What I've heard from the opposition of global warming is that a lot of scientists jump on the bandwagon simply to justify their years and years of education and tons of time and money invested. If a bunch of scientists agree that global warming is a huge problem, others are likely to jump on the bandwagon so that no one can say "you don't think global warming is real? what kind of scientist are you?!?!".

Personally, I am willing to believe that GW is "real" but I am yet to be convinced that its as big a deal as everyone says. I'm all for conserving energy and taking care of the environment, but for different reasons.

Notice how the term 'Global Warming' has been largely discarded in favor of 'Climate Change.'

Whether global warming is real or not, this is a REALLY BIG DEAL for those involved with the emails. It's one thing to have inconclusive data, or to select a bad sample that supports your hypothesis just because you have a subconscious bias (this happens all the time in science). It's entirely another thing to be deliberately deceptive.

It's obvious that these people had an agenda and cherry picked and manipulated the data to support it. Basically, career-ending stuff.

Dumbasses.

Climate change is real but I don't think much of it is due to us little humans, look up some information on the axial tilt of the earth, that explains a lot of temperature change.

I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be true, I've always had my doubts about anthropogenic global warming.

Come to think of it though, what have they done this for (If it's true of course)? Publicity?

Last edited:
Right Global Warming - someone with some credibility please do a proper unbiased investigation - without such no solution/mitigation is possible. These falsehoods are just stupid.

Science in general should be ashamed; objectivity is giving way to populism and money.

And I really blame AlGore for this; him and his disciples stated that "the debate was over". Bullshit it was, or is.

Muhahahahahahaha....

Hahahahaha...

I love it when this kind of thing happens.

Speaking of AlGore, check this out:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/11/19/al-gore-photoshops-hurricanes-new-books-cover

On the doctored picture, four hurricanes that were not there. The hurricane closest to Florida is spinning in the wrong direction. The hurricane off of South America is almost on the equator, which is physically impossible for hurricanes. All of the sea ice in the Arctic Ocean is removed, but snow cover over Canada and Alaska remains. Cuba, in AlGore's Photoshopped picture of the earth, doesn't exist. Cuba is totally underwater, which would require a sea level rise of over 6,000 feet, which means Denver would be underwater as well. Half of the Greenland ice sheet is gone, but it's out of the center; the thickest part, rather than around the edges, where it's the thinnest.

Speaking of AlGore, check this out:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/11/19/al-gore-photoshops-hurricanes-new-books-cover

On the doctored picture, four hurricanes that were not there. The hurricane closest to Florida is spinning in the wrong direction. The hurricane off of South America is almost on the equator, which is physically impossible for hurricanes. All of the sea ice in the Arctic Ocean is removed, but snow cover over Canada and Alaska remains. Cuba, in AlGore's Photoshopped picture of the earth, doesn't exist. Cuba is totally underwater, which would require a sea level rise of over 6,000 feet, which means Denver would be underwater as well. Half of the Greenland ice sheet is gone, but it's out of the center; the thickest part, rather than around the edges, where it's the thinnest.

Yet another fail by the environmentalists. Do they even bother doing research, or do they just pull out some crayons and flood Florida on a map?

Right Global Warming - someone with some credibility please do a proper unbiased investigation - without such no solution/mitigation is possible. These falsehoods are just stupid.

Fundamental fact: We do not and can not know what is going to happen.

The global climate and associated ecosystems are of a complexity that is simply impossible to model more than hours* into the future with any degree of certainty. Any climate scientist who claims to be able to model climate change long term is spouting bullshit, all they've done is a bit of micky mouse extrapolation (which never works when applied to anything).

* with one generally ignored exception, the guy behind http://www.weatheraction.com/ is rather good and can do weeks ahead in some cases.

Reactions: Jay
They (Global Warming greenies) want to go back to a more simple time, 'bless them' - like this :

[YOUTUBE]yBOcLnyMX-M[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Wow, that's fairly damming evidence.