Ownership Verified: Going Mainstream (2016 Miata)

We all knew it was a matter of time before a FG member bought one of these. Congratulations! :D

The most important question is, will it donut?

Not sure what's funnier: the camera falling, the open-diff "donuts" in the beginning, or the one-tire-fire at the end :lol:

Heck yeah! Welcome to the MX-5 club. One of us! ONE OF US!

Awesome, congrats! I've been thinking about swapping my Genesis for one too, which is why I haven't test driven one :lol:

Looks fantastic :D

Congrats! Nice choice of wheels and color! Good to see a none black / silver / white car in Germany!

It looks beautiful inside AND out. Major congrats, dude.

Awwww yes. Congrats so much, I knew it. :D

Even without Recaros, have a ton of fun! :w00t:

Awesome :)

Soul red is the colour to go for no doubt. My parents have it on their Mazda3 and really has a lot of depth. It gives a lot of different nuances depending on the light.

Any regrets after the MX-5 RF has just been revealed?

And also for you a new car makes quite some sense since you only did 58'000km in the last seven years.
Quite the opposite. I drive so few kilometres that having a car at all is pure luxury, not necessity, and to be honest, with that low mileage I'm putting on, I could buy just about any car with like 100 to 150 kkm on the clock and drive it for a few years without even remotely finishing it. It just happens that the car I want is only available new... and I don't want to wait. :D

Congratulations! And have a Top Tip: Travel light! Haha! :lol:
Well, I'm used to packing for motorcycle or bicycle tours... :D

if you're selling in August 2019 though ;)
Depends on the offer... :p

The most important question is, will it donut?
:rofl: @ video, that looked quite pathetic at first.

I could probably do donuts, but I prefer not to ruin my tyres. ;)

Any regrets after the MX-5 RF has just been revealed?
No. I wanted a "real" convertible. Plus I suspect the RF could have some weight issues if they do not raise the gross vehicular weight rating. The payload on this car is... tight.
Part of my reasoning not to go for the "Sports Line" trim level was the additional weight (and no real benefit in my eyes) of some extra systems, and that RF roof mechanism sure adds quite a few kilograms.

Congrats, Dan, she looks great in red!

I guess there's gonna be a long queue to have ride in your car at this year's Ringmeet... can I reserve a spot? :D

Congrats, Dan, she looks great in red!

I guess there's gonna be a long queue to have ride in your car at this year's Ringmeet... can I reserve a spot? :D

Get in line :p

If my plans go through, in 2020 I'll be moving to Germany, so take good care of it. :p :lol:

congrats for getting a new car!

I do like the two tone color scheme, and the interior and the car and i am jealous...