Good video converter?

DTMracer

Car(s)
1988 Mini Cooper, 1998 MB E55 AMG
I've been trying to convert some episodes of Top gear to watch on my Samsung Blackjack using SUPER, but so far none of the converted videos work.

Anyone got any idea on how to convert an AVI file into one which Windows Media player mobile will play? I know I can use TCPMP, but for some reason it keeps on screwing around with my display settings in WM6.

If you're converting solely to play it back through WMP, you might as well use Microsoft's own encoder.

Tunebite (Cost's $20 but as always there are ways around that)

Videora, free but im not sure if it'll do what you need as it's made with iPods in mind.

WinAVI has never failed for me. For MP4 conversions, I use Blaze Video Magic.

WinAVI has never failed for me. For MP4 conversions, I use Blaze Video Magic.

WinAVI FTW

if you dont mind waiting and want something with better quality then try TMPEGENC

Yup, WinAVI is pretty much indestructible, will convert anything (even FLV!) and is easy to find for... erm...

Videora, i use the XBOX360 and iPod Converter, and the program works a treat, even with MKV files (TG Polar Special on xbox anyone???)

and, you don't need to pay a penny for it

WinAVI.

I don't know if you were replying to my post but I have tried it, and it does not work.

It works for me.

WinAVI DOES convert mov to avi/mpg.

Just converted the Ferrari advert (in mov) to avi, so I can extract the F1 engine note from the video file as my message tone on my cellphone.

What version of WinAVI are you using? and make sure you have the correct codec pack, without any codecs, even the best program is rendered useless.

it is v.7.5. which codec pack do you recommend?

Im using WinAVI 9.0

and Storm Codec with windows media player classic. Havnt had any problems with converting videos, so there is no need for me to go looking for another codec pack.