Google Maps to launch "Motorcycle Mode"

Adamar

Viswijf
Car(s)
Volvo C30 DRIVe (2011), BMW F700GS (2014)
That would be awesome. Although i'm very curious to see what's so different for motorcycles compared to cars.

To think of it, i'm member of the Maps beta and am already running this 9.66. I see nothing different or new for motorcycles.

Last edited:

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
Because Calimoto is a routing planner website/app specializing on motorcycle routing. And Google giving everyone similar functionality within the navigation app that everyone already has installed anyway can't be good for business.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
That would be awesome. Although i'm very curious to see what's so different for motorcycles compared to cars.

To think of it, i'm member of the Maps beta and am already running this 9.66. I see nothing different or new for motorcycles.
If it's anything like support for displaying current speed limit signs while in navigation mode, it'll be geo restricted to the Silicon Valley area.

blackman

Car(s)
'06 Cooper S / '89 316i / '15 MT09 Tracer
I doubt they are willing to match the functionality of an app like Scenic. So it probably won't be a touring app, but could be interesting for the daily commute.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
Since Google is based in the Bay Area, it will likely be routes and travel times that accommodate the use of HOV lanes and lane-sharing. Outside California, I doubt it will be very useful if that is all it does.

If, on the other hand, they use their software to find excellent riding roads, that could make touring trip planning much easier.