Google+ Who's on it?

Am I the only one who thinks giving this info out so freely is a bad idea?

Am I the only one who thinks giving this info out so freely is a bad idea?

So use the privacy controls to limit the information you share to those in your circles, or don't post it at all. The beauty of G+ is that it is not all or nothing, you can easily compartmentalize information.

Ugh.

Oops... you need a Google profile to use this feature.
Google Profiles is not available for your organization.

Can I haz invite? (awaits banhammer)...

Sure I can.

This is me.

Btw: this sucks: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ficlccidpkaiepnnboobcmafnnfoomga (cuz I sure as hell won't be searching after hundreds of ppl, only to find out that 95% of my face contacts aren't on G+ yet..)

CRITICAL UPDATE:

Facebook is trying so hard to not allow you to export your friends. They started to remove emails of your friends from your profile by today July 5th 2011. It will no longer work for many people.

This will not work at the moment. If anyone is willing to contribute, the code is on GitHub, I am accepting patches! Msg me if you want to be part of this project to free the information you own.

Please use the Yahoo! Import method. Login to Yahoo Mail, click contacts, and import from facebook.

New version coming soon.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Since my last post, I only used it trough the notifications menu in gmail. Today I finally checked the actual Google+ page and it seems I have real invites now (no need for the post share trickery), which supposedly will not force invited people to wait for registration, so again if anyone needs in, just PM me :)

In related news, now that the stream has a few entries in it, I can say, that it doesn't look as smooth as I wanted it to be. Images are way too big and font is way too small, which gives it an awkward feel in 1366x768 and 1400x1050.

I do however love the fact, that I can be very specific over who sees my photo albums.

Oh dammit - peer pressure...

Can I have an invite as well?

So use the privacy controls to limit the information you share to those in your circles, or don't post it at all. The beauty of G+ is that it is not all or nothing, you can easily compartmentalize information.

It's a feature Facebook has had for years.

sure, it's been there for years -but google+ is simpler in it's layout and the privacy controls are handier to use, when you actually post. It's more dynamic that way.

Thanks to Jens, I have a profile too.