GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2014 now with all new Parabolica

I think the stewards hate Magnussen.

I'm pissed about that.. Magnussen gets a penalty, but Button does the same exact thing to Perez a lap or two later and nothing but crickets out of the steward's box.

If the steward's are going to be shit, at least be consistent about it!

Am I the only one that thought that Rosberg's second mistake was a bit "sorry for Spa, Lewis, you can have your win back kthxbye"

I thought the same thing.

That podium interviewer was Jean Alesi. Think he might be forgiven for trying to inject a bit of humour into the mix.

<_<

kids these days...

Am I the only one that thought that Rosberg's second mistake was a bit "sorry for Spa, Lewis, you can have your win back kthxbye"

It wasn't. If it was, he's just plainly saying "I don't want to be world champion".

It was a simple unforced error.. Nico didn't have his head in the game. I cannot believe he did it twice. We've seen just about every other driver on the grid do the same kind of thing though, except Alonso.. I still think he's part machine.

The shit of it is, if Lewis had followed his engineer's suggestion of maintaining a gap, Nico might have gotten away with the second mistake.

That call didn't make any sense to me anyway.. why the hell would you want to maintain a gap then fight at the end of the race on old tires. Make the pass when things are fresh, then dictate the pace at the end... especially considering Nico's lack of overtaking ability.

As if being famous excused shitty interview questions.

Old people these days...

edit: IT SAYS HERE YOU'RE 27 YOU CAN'T PLAY THE KID CARD.

Shitty interview questions shouldn't be excused however, I wouldn't call Jean Alesi a twat...

It was a simple unforced error.. Nico didn't have his head in the game. I cannot believe he did it twice. We've seen just about every other driver on the grid do the same kind of thing though, except Alonso.. I still think he's part machine.

The shit of it is, if Lewis had followed his engineer's suggestion of maintaining a gap, Nico might have gotten away with the second mistake.

That call didn't make any sense to me anyway.. why the hell would you want to maintain a gap then fight at the end of the race on old tires. Make the pass when things are fresh, then dictate the pace at the end... especially considering Nico's lack of overtaking ability.

It's wasn't that crazy a plan, Lewis's choice may have paid off but what if Nico hadn't made a mistake, he'd have ruined his tyres trying to catch him rather then wait till the end when Nico would be fuel saving (Lewis has been consistently better with fuel) and with a lighter car there would be the potential to get him in the DRS and pass him.
Lewis came off looking good because Nico screwed up but you can't always count on Nico screwing up to pass him.

^you are weird, you always seem to say the opposite of what's logical

Lewis was catching Nico at about 0.5s a lap. why should he slow down and wait for the end of the race to make an attempt?
he had the momentum, and went for it!

^you are weird, you always seem to say the opposite of what's logical

Lewis was catching Nico at about 0.5s a lap. why should he slow down and wait for the end of the race to make an attempt?
he had the momentum, and went for it!

You're missing the point completely, It's like Lewis Hamilton said "They give me suggestions and it's up to me to decide what to do with that information" Lewis made a decision and it was the right one I didn't say he was wrong I just pointed out a HYPOTHETICAL scenario one of many which could show why they made that suggestion.

The general belief (based, I imagine, on empirical evidence from the on-board telemetry) is that once a car is within 2 seconds of the car ahead, it's in that car's wake vortex / "dirty air" which reduces the effectiveness of the front wing, resulting in more sliding around, which wears the tires faster.

I believe Lewis' fastest laps were in "clear air" so he had better tire grip with less tire wear thanks to his aerodynamics working at their best efficiency. Now if he could have quickly gotten past Nico (say a lap or two), that should have been fine, but if he was following him around for lap after lap, he'd probably have sufficiently degraded his tires that he could not have passed or might have ended up locking his brakes / going off.

The general belief (based, I imagine, on empirical evidence from the on-board telemetry) is that once a car is within 2 seconds of the car ahead, it's in that car's wake vortex / "dirty air" which reduces the effectiveness of the front wing, resulting in more sliding around, which wears the tires faster.

so? new tires or old tires, he would be in the dirty air anyhow
the new tires might actually be able to cope with it. with old tires he wouldn't stand a chance...