5108paris001.jpg
5115paris008.jpg

5127paris020.jpg
5118paris011.jpg

508420040601_Paris_Rally_03.jpg
510720040602_Paris_Rally_26.jpg

508320040601_Paris_Rally_02.jpg
508720040601_Paris_Rally_06.jpg

Here are some new screenshots of Gran Turismo 4 I found on another forum.

All I have to say is :shock: !

There's no way that those pics are in-game shots!

However, I'll definitely have to buy used PS2 and GT4 when it's out. Mostly because they even included the Nordschleife... :D

cya
Oli

Well replay and in-game physics are more the same on xbox, ps2 whatever than on your pc...look at those blurred trees, just like on tv :eek: :D

oliB said:
There's no way that those pics are in-game shots!

I wouldn't be suprised at all if those were in-game screenshots. If you look at Gran Turismo 3, about 95% of the game is made up of in-game engine graphics. There aren't really any CG cut scenes at all in the game, excluding the short introduction.

In GT3 the non-playable in-game engine graphics do look slightly better than the playable graphics, so these may be non-playable engine shots of Gran Turismo 4.

They've been working on this game for ages, and I guarantee they are going to squeeze every once of power out of the PS2. :)

Does anyone know if GT4 supports progressive scan?
Btw the game would probably look like those pics zenon posted, but in lower resolution.

I don't know if the final version will support progressive but I hope it will. I have been playing the Prologue version of this game for a month or two now and it kicks ass. I can confim that it does have a widescreen option as GT3 did which looks tight.

Btw, "Prologue" is the fully playable demo that was only released in Europe and Asia. It has 4 tracks and about 20 or 30 license tests. Each license test you win you can unlock another car to run on one of the tracks. The Grand Canyon ralley track it jaw dropping it looks soooo good. I have a Japaneese PS2 which is why I can play it.

haha604 said:
Does anyone know if GT4 supports progressive scan?
Btw the game would probably look like those pics zenon posted, but in lower resolution.

Yeah I have the prologue too. Just wondering if progressive scan is on the list of things to be implemented in the final product.

G4 is gonna be SWEET..but still no game physics engine...i'm still able in Project Gothem Racing 2... to power slide an Porshe Caynnee S going 100 mph...funnnn

haha604 said:

That's the point, the low-resolution of the TV!
I recently played NFS Underground on a PS2 and objects that were a little bit further away were really hard to see. (for example corners)

cya
Oli

Frankly, those don't look all that good. I guess I've been spoiled by PC graphics and HL2/D3 (both of which I pre-ordered :D).

I meant those pics look good for PS2-standards... (after I've played NFS Underground on the PS2)

I've been spoiled by Far Cry! :D
(a pretty tough game btw)

cya
Oli

jasonchiu said:
i went to get fake games today and they sold the prolouge with the hong kong track

that's available in the european version of Prologue
juz a little mod and burn it onto a DVD and BANG the NYC track is replaced by the HK track

Viper007Bond said:
Frankly, those don't look all that good. I guess I've been spoiled by PC graphics and HL2/D3 (both of which I pre-ordered :D).
I just went on a pre-ordering spree myself:

Doom 3
Kill Bill volume 2
Half Life 2
Star Wars Trilogy

:D :D

I'd much rather have less cars, and damage + cockpit view... oh well.