Gran Turismo 5

I assumed that all of the old tracks would be in the new game. Is there a chance some won't?

Those raindrops on the windscreen look awesome in those low-res preview already! anxious to see the HD version of the trailer!

Holy shit the weather effects are biblical. The low res video sucks, but it looks like it blows PGR4 out of the water!

So out of curiosity, I just plugged my Logitech MOMO wheel into my PS3 (they arent supposed to be compatible) and turned GT5p on. Guess what? It works. Even the buttons, FFB, and paddle shifters. Only the gear stick doesn't work, nor is there a button for looking behind. Time to see if it works on other games.

Guess that cheap Driving Force EX was a waste of money.

The PS3 will attempt to use any generic USB game controller, in my experience. It's just not always successful.

copious amounts of win. I wonder how small T10 feels right now :lol:

I don't think I even care that the actual racing will probably suck any more.

I love the absolute fetishism that Japanese game developers frequently bring to the table. Just think about the fully modeled guns on Metal Gear solid that actually contain all of the moving parts and function as they do in real life, or the ridiculous attention to detail in the GT series. Or just the perfection of an idea translated into a game like shadow of the colossus.

Even in that shitty low res video/animated picture you can see that the water moving across the windshield is dynamic. As the car exits the tunnel, the track goes slightly to the right, and the water reacts to the g-force of that action by being pushed to the left side of the windshield. I was anxious to see how the weather effects were going to be handled, and the answer is just brilliantly.

Last edited:
Those 47 days will feel like forever.

Holy shit the weather effects are biblical. The low res video sucks, but it looks like it blows PGR4 out of the water!

im sure everyone can agree with me when i say it had BETTER blow ALL of them out of the water. As much as Sony dick us around waiting for every new edition of GT, we expect to have a bruise after a crash on this game. i want to feel it. lol

I missed a few pages over the last few days. I really never thought the weather could be done so perfectly. I really hope we can throw some snow on any of the premium courses.

I'm seriously worried about 2 player mode. I almost never play games online and I'd rather a good split screen mode over any online setup. But I'm bracing for the worst because I might be the only guy left rooting for it.

I missed a few pages over the last few days. I really never thought the weather could be done so perfectly. I really hope we can throw some snow on any of the premium courses.

I'm seriously worried about 2 player mode. I almost never play games online and I'd rather a good split screen mode over any online setup. But I'm bracing for the worst because I might be the only guy left rooting for it.

Nope, I will absolutely be using it if it's there. That makes two of us :)

So I have officially died and gone to heaven after hearing all this information. But wait, there is one thing...

Many things didn?t make the cut in Gran Turismo 5, and work on Gran Turismo 6 has already begun.

UUGGGHHHH! Here we go again!

And I've always wondered what a completely unregulated race car would be like.

Last edited:
so, what they are saying is we can expect GT6 around 2012, i mean 2013, i mean after they make some adjustments 2015...wait, more fixes so now 2016...but wait, they will release a "prologue" 2016 to help you hold over untill the actual game release in 2018...i could do this all day

you see where im going