Gran Turismo 5

at 1:03 you can see they have indeed given you full control of the lights, so there is a chance you can fool the AI by switching your lights off.

ap1_ae86_2-stage4_ep22.jpg

^ whats that? is that automodelista? i thought that game was ace

NOT the scene where he switches off his headlights and fools the guy in front, losing his line and then suddenly reappearing on his left/right and then winning according to the director is it?:p

^ seriously, who the shit spotted that pixelated mess on a youtube video?

it's actually from the new batch of 19Mpixel pictures from polyphony digital :D

New Japanese ad for the game!
Just uploaded to Youtube today

I really hope its safe to assume that all those cars will be in the game.

Last edited:

Indeed.

STARION!!!

Kind of, startled me more than the AI though.

Douchebag mode: grab an M3 then flash your lights and honk before overtaking someone and cut them off in the process?

@lights, yeah they're just looking back but if they give you a horn I can safely say they'll give you control of the lights.

*kyonfacepalm.jpg

Last edited:

I hope so, too. I want to be the first to set a record on the Nurburgring with (what looks to be) a Chevy Astro van.

I think they're just a random assortment of toy cars. I don't think they would go through the trouble of identifying each toy car and seeing if it's in the game. :lol:

Last edited:
You don't know PD do you?

You don't know the guess that make the jap. adds do you? ;)

They had a Lamborghini Countach switching paint with a C3 Corvette (both replicas I think) in the add for GT PSP... Their commercials don't make a whole lot of sence :?

I've never played GTPSP, but from what I know, the game had both a Countach and a C3 'Vette. And in the game you could (and probably would) end up racing like that.

Knowing the amount of attention to detail they put into the game, I bet Kaz (or his team) personally chose all the models to make sure there wouldn't be anything wrong. I've watched that clip a lot of times now, and not once did I see a Porsche. Porsche models are sold at every toy car kiosk of every mall, and at every toy store. Surely they would have picked one up purely by chance if they just grabbed random ones.

Last edited:
Here's an interview with Kaz GTPlanet have posted. Bear in mind it's been translated from french subtitles.

GTPlanet said:
[GameBlog Fr] What are the reasons you are made to postpone the date of Gran Turismo 5 release many times?
[KY] For the West, we never announce a date. So the things have followed their course as it was scheduled. And of course, is always the same thing: I always want to continue working on it, but people around me stop me! It must stop at some point or another.

[GameBlog Fr] Are you really satisfied now? or you still want to do more?
[KY] I always want to do more, of course.

[GameBlog Fr] You mentioned the concept of premium cars. can you tell us more?
[KY] Standard cars are actually cars from previous games in the series. We had less work to convert them to the PS3. They were included to provide a greater variety in the cars. Premium cars however, are like a glimpse of the future of the GT series. Moreover, and we have mentioned before, we may have gone too far into detail on PS3. What we have done is perhaps more appropriate for a future console.

[GameBlog Fr] Does that mean that only premium cars will have a damage management ?
[KY] The damage will affect the two types of cars but they ?express themselves? differently depending on the type of vehicle. The premium models have a damage model much richer. But all will damage.

[GameBlog Fr] You have presented a new mode, the ?special events?. Those will they take the form of appointment on the internet?
[KY] Yes, it?s that!

[GameBlog Fr] Such as to compete against Sebastien Loeb?
[KY]Yes, quite

[GameBlog Fr] How much physics has been reworked in relation to GT5 prologue?
[KY] Characteristics and movements of tires, and suspension have been changed profoundly since the prologue. One could say that this is totally different.

[GameBlog Fr] after a well deserved holiday, do you leave immediately on GT6, or do you have other projects in his head?
[KY] I actually enjoy working. So I do not tend to want to take a Holiday. And of course there are still many things I can do for Gran Turismo. This will probably lead me to begin the development of GT6. Whatever happens I can assure you that waiting for GT6 will not be as long as that of Gran Turismo 5.

^Shaping up to be a game good this.