Gran Turismo 5

I think I solved the mystery of why the Veyron is listed as standard and not premium. They simply took the Veyron (and the Countaches, which are also standard) from GT PSP. I don't know if they built the Enzo from scratch or if they ported it from the PSP game because the Enzo is somehow both premium and standard...:?

Could it be that the ones with the "(EU)" tags are for the European version of the game, the ones with the "(US)" tags for the North American version, and the tag-less ones for the Japanese version?

Nope I don't think so. There are so many S2000 because the US versions were slightly different from the EU and JP special versions. So it's like they are different cars. All these versions were included in GT4 already.

Holy crap you people sure to f*king complain a lot.

Bitch moan one of my favorite cars isn't there, why is that not there, etc. Jesus christ. No one seemed to complain when GT3 came out that had less cas than just premium cars in this vers.

Also that track list isn't the full list. Theres still stuff that PD's not showing us (New York has to be there for instance, I drove on the dam thing 2 weeks ago).

Even if every car in the game was a Skyline, it's was still be amazing. Like someone said, it's all about the driving.

I personally can't wait. Sure theres shit there thats missing that I would have loved (Stelvio Pass, Test track (it should be there anyway), AE92/AE101 S/C's, older Euro Touring cars (E30, E190 Evo), but it's still a substantial game.

And theres always the prospect of DLC later.

/2c

Damage in arcade mode:

Last edited:
Could it be that the ones with the "(EU)" tags are for the European version of the game, the ones with the "(US)" tags for the North American version, and the tag-less ones for the Japanese version?

Also, something tells me that the list isn't completely official (or the track list either). :hmm:

Edit: Did another little scan of the beginning of the list and noticed that there is another premium car that they made for the game, but still included pretty much the same car that is standard which they imported from GT4. I already gave the BMW M5 example above (there is a premium 2008 model and a standard 2005 model, both the same car) and now I noticed that there is a standard 2003 Aston Martin DB9 and a premium 2006 DB9.

Does anyone else strike that as odd? Why the hell would there be a standard and premium version of virtually the same car? I just don't think PD would do something like that and I'm getting more and more convinced that that list needs some work and was probably released in a hurry.

Edit 2: I also believe there will be car packs released as DLC because I noticed quite a few cars that are in every other game and are quite popular that aren't on that list (e.g B7 Audi RS4 and Aston Martin V8 Vantage (not the 90's one, because that's on the list)).

I think the reason for those models to be both standard and premium is for used car dealership... You'll be able to buy premium cars in dealerships, and used old M5 for instance as standard car in used car dealership, since it's basically older than the premium

Last edited:
I think everybody has the right to complain, in comparison to what almost everybody was expecting, we're getting shafted big time.

I'm going to buy and enjoy the hell out of this game but I pretty much knew this summer that 85% of the cars were going to be from GT4 and GTPSP. I'm not surprised even though there are so many obvious nice new cars that never made it.

But really, in terms of what matters this game has about 150 or less cars that are new to this game. and over half of those are identical superGT cars and nascars.

I just hope all the GT4 cars have the updated physics.

Rumours still flying about being able to port your PSP garage... I hope not, jerks will have F1 cars on day one.

Hopefully it's arcade mode only? :(

I love the fact the windscreen wipers are manual, didn't know that. :cool:

Hopefully it's arcade mode only? :(

I love the fact the windscreen wipers are manual, didn't know that. :cool:

I'm hoping it's for arcade as well. I don't know if you remember but in GT4 PS2, you could only use cars from your garage (in arcade) in 2 players mode...

I think everybody has the right to complain, in comparison to what almost everybody was expecting, we're getting shafted big time.

Exactly, especially considering GT5 has about 7 less track locations than GT4. I'm buying the game for sure, but I just really hope that track list is incomplete.

I think after 6 years there is reason to nitpick.

No, no one has the right to complain. You're all forgetting that Kaz has always said this is his toy, we just get to play with it. So STFU and be happy you get to play it at all.

^That's funny, because I thought we had to pay ~?70 for this toy, which tbh, is quite a lot of money for a game.
Kaz may say it's his toy but fact is that he is still a developer under subsidiary of Sony and has to deliver a product, and the customer has every right to complain about said product if it is not to his/her liking.

No. You, as a customer, have the freedom to not buy the product if you feel it doesn't fulfil your requirements.

You still have the freedom to complain about it if it does not fulful your expectations/requirements, I never said you are obliged to buy it.
For example, a new BMW comes out and you think it's fugly, although you won't buy one, does this mean you can't complain that it's ugly as sin?
Not being allowed to express your feelings towards a certain product means you basicly have no right to have an opinion.

Of course you have the right to complain about any product in general. However, you will have a hard time arguing that this Gran Turismo will not be the best edition of the franchise so far.

You can argue that they should have come up with something better regarding how long it took them to make it. That said, anyones right to complain about any product is somewhat moot when he doesn't intend to buy it. I have opinions on a lot of products as well, but why would I share them with anyone if I don't buy the product? And if I do, it can not be such a bad product that I would need to do that.

So in the end you either buy it because it is a product that suits your needs well enough, or you don't buy it because it doesn't, but then there's little point in going on the internet and talking about that because it is a waste of time.

Last edited: