Gran Turismo 5

You can now also edit the final drive ratio of the X1. All the way to a top speed of 501mph. Does 186 in first :lol:

So 4 months in, they release the update that brings the game up to the standard it should have been at launch. Wonder if we will see new content in the future? The bug fixes are great, but I want to see some updated standards or new cars all together. Not to mention more tracks.

The game wasn't ready, Sony forced the xmas release.
You'd think they would have learned from GT2. Thank god for patching, at least now we're getting up to speed. But even with all the problems, I've really enjoyed the game and will continue to do so, so I can't complain too much.

In the next patch it would be nice to see an option to skip the button presses on startup and load straight to the main menu.

I love the way that PD seems to make even improvements on the game cause annoyance... They've decided to put the controller steering sensitivity setting into the same settings menu where you have ABS and TCS etc. settings. But instead of having to set it separately for any car you drive you apparently need to set it for every single race. Talk about annoying...

And despite all that it's still awesome that they have finally added it... I just cannot put into words how much setting the sensitivity to full improves the feel.

That's the weird thing with PD: at times they seem to understand what parts of their games need fixing, but when they do fix it, they manage to do it in a way which creates a new problem.

I'd like to be able to change the units in the game freely. I'm tired of looking at horsepower and what ever that unit of torque is.

While I can't say the same, I am surprised they don't have an option for Kw and NM.

I hate the fact it gives you pp before bhp, I don't care about pp.

The impreza bonus race is absolutely fantastic, I did it in a half tuned type ra.
I used cockpit cam and only won by 7 secs, but I've never had this much fun on bonuses before.

I hate the fact it gives you pp before bhp, I don't care about pp.

The impreza bonus race is absolutely fantastic, I did it in a half tuned type ra.
I used cockpit cam and only won by 7 secs, but I've never had this much fun on bonuses before.

I used a '99 STI Wagon that I won at some point but never drove. I was completely baffled by how it handled. Mind understeer warns you that you're at the limit, but you can fly into corners at stupid speeds and when taken beyond the limit, it does a perfect 4-wheel drift. Only by changing directions quickly did I sometimes get out of shape. I did have to tune it to about 400 HP though just to get enough speed to win the challenge on sports tires.

Absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:
I used a '99 STI Wagon that I won at some point but never drove. I was completely baffled by how it handled. Mind understeer warns you that you're at the limit, but you can fly into corners at stupid speeds and when taken beyond the limit, it does a perfect 4-wheel drift. Only by changing directions quickly did I sometimes get out of shape. I did have to tune it to about 400 HP though just to get enough speed to win the challenge on sports tires.

Absolutely brilliant.

It handles amazingly, I saved the replay. :D
I had three in my garage, the type ra '05 and two elephant shaped '10s.

I just found out i can RM it, but i've already spent a fortune tuning it... guess i'll have to buy another. :cool:

The EIfel track with cars is excellent, like driving on an oil slick.
I went around turn 2 and saw an AI NSX facing the wrong way. :lol:

Last edited:
The F10 feels very underpowered with the way it handles.

I got it the other day and I was surprised how planted it was in 2nd gear full throttle out of a hairpin.

Downforce simulation seems wonkey though. IRL it's a fairly smooth affair, since it's just a square of speed. But in the game there appears to be a really sharp drop in downforce at around 90-100 MPH.

I despise B spec. It is pointless, time consuming, infuriating, boring, and poorly done.