Gran Turismo 5

I was pretty skeptical of Ordonez. But he's proven himself to be quite a racer. Do realize that he has a number of years in karting and some Formula Ford experience, though, so he didn't really enter the competition as a noob. And he's apparently still riding the wave of sponsorship from Sony. That deal was good for a lot more than 1 endurance race...

And he must have impressed some people last year in his only LMP outing at Silverstone. Also, since the LMP2 class is extremely competitive and the Signatech team has a works Nissan engine deal, even though the contest meant he has sponsorship from Nissan and Playstation, they wouldn't have put him in that car if he didn't have the speed.

The crucial thing about this is: it's a damn good story to sell. ;)

I just golded the new Classic seasonal events. It was pretty fun carving up all the cars with my Honda S800 race car (except for Monza, too many straights there for the little 100hp S800, so I used my AC Cobra to take care of that race for me. :p).

I think the S800 race car is the best handling road-based car in the game because you can blast through the corners and go full throttle in the middle of it without spinning out. :D

i'm doing it with a ALFA Guilia Sprint Speciale 63, tuned to 440PP or some and with sport tires... great fun...
it's really a beauty... and if you got the gears rught, driftable...

The Classic events were very fun. I used a completely stock 300sl for all of the tracks except Tokyo. I could only do as good as Silver. So I jumped into a stock 69 Camaro and wiped the competition off the track.

I used my stock Lamborghini Miura and mopped the floor with everybody.:D

That car has now paid for almost 1% of its own initial purchase cost. Man, I want a second one that I can tune and just generally ruin. Why do they have to be so damned expensive!?:(

I wish my PS3 would keep going after it glitches. Mine will just completely lock up and start looping the audio. It's only happened in B-Spec mode and I havent tried any of the really long endurance races because of this.

Finaly unlocked the Redbull X1 challenge, no way I'm ever going to be able to bronze all 3 races, specially with the DS3. I managed 2 laps at Monza without going off track, but I was 14 seconds too slow.

Got the "S. Vettel X2010 Gift Supercar Mommy?s shopping Trolley Happy Go-lucky Yay it?s fast Ticket"
It feels really weird to drive that thing.

My X1 has around 100k miles on it. Haven't changed the oil since around 60k :p

Finaly unlocked the Redbull X1 challenge, no way I'm ever going to be able to bronze all 3 races, specially with the DS3. I managed 2 laps at Monza without going off track, but I was 14 seconds too slow.

It is doable with a DS3. It just takes patience and for you to cover your walls in pillows/cushions/soft things for when you throw the controller away in massive unadulterated frustration. Combined total for me to get it with DS3 was 3 hours, Monza being easiest, then Nurburgring then Suzuka.

As we've figured out, i'm an awful driver.
GT Academy, first run 6603rd. :p

GT-R car for participation!!!

Last edited:
Running the 24hr Nurburgring race on B-spec currently, will be done with B-spec this evening.

Not sure I have the patience to do more endurance races for A-spec.

I broke down and bought the Ferrari F1 (2010) before the events ended. I'm still adjusting to the sheer speed, and haven't quite figured out how to take tight low speed turns properly (need to turn the wheel too much, then can't shift with paddles). But overall it's more drivable than I imagined, and I'm less afraid of the Formula GT event.

But overall it's more drivable than I imagined, and I'm less afraid of the Formula GT event.

For me F1 event was much easier than the Formula GT races. Not that it's very hard, but I needed couple restarts (Suzuka being the toughest). I'm using DS3 though.

Anyone else VERY disappointed by the handling of the Enzo and the McLaren GTR?
Those things understeer like crazy!

Not sure about those cars but the 458 was hard to keep in check... at least until I modded it. I was surprised it was so tailhappy but of course I have no idea if the real car is like that.