Gran Turismo 5

I'm using my Enzo in the Ferrari challenges (which handles great as long as you drive it slow) and the Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z '06 on the Super GT events. I've also used the Mobil 1 NSX and it's a great car, but the Nismo just has a little more power, and I can get it up to 650 PP.

I'm using my Enzo in the Ferrari challenges (which handles great as long as you drive it slow) and the Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z '06 on the Super GT events. I've also used the Mobil 1 NSX and it's a great car, but the Nismo just has a little more power, and I can get it up to 650 PP.

You've been registered since 07 and this is your first post? I'd say welcome but you've been here longer than I have!

Only Bob would get it to drift.

It's kinda like spinning out while braking with ABS. It takes talent.

Youre playing the wrong game. :D

By slow I mean comparatively. It really seems like you are taking the corner onto the main straight slow but when you look down you see you're hauling through it at 137MPH. After playing this game this much, and rocking out with more front downforce should be allowed in a car, the Enzo has to be driven .... well... slow! I'm working on a tuning that will make it handle a little more briskly though, but am open to suggestions if anyone wants to chime in.

Power on oversteer is the real problem. Try reducing the locking percent under acceleration. IMO it understeers a bit too much when coasting, so try reducing the preload as well.

You can also soften the rear springs or even raise the front ride height.

I'm not looking at the setup screen at the moment so I'm not sure how detailed it is, but if the car has a helical diff you might try putting in a slightly less stiff rear sway bar if it has a sway bar already, but if it dos not have a sway bar, try butting in a small one. That might cause the diff to work better. Helical diffs are really sensitive to left/right side load shift. It needs to sense some loss of traction on the inside, but if it senses too much loss of traction (such as with a real stiff sway bar), then it will act more like an open diff. Also, if helical, make the rear springs stiffer, not softer. If the diff has preload then it's a clutch type and not a helical, but you might try those changes even so just in case the sim is borked.

Last edited:
The enzo doesn't like the direction changes at medium speed. I used the enzo, the 458 and the scuderia at the autumn ring event, and I found the the corner speeds of the 458 and enzo were pretty comparable (more so than I thought after driving them both), but the enzo just wouldn't want to switch direction of travel (most noticeable during that final section of the track). The 458 I don't really like in the really slow speed hairpins, it just feels like it keeps on pushing long after I want it to stop.

Gran Turismo Developer Ditching Tokyo

Polyphony Digital, creator of Gran Turismo, is moving its development studio across the country to Fukuoka City. The reason for the move is the March 11 earthquake.

According to Gran Turismo designer Kazunori Yamauchi, out of various cities that were considered, Fukuoka, which is in the far West of the country, is a good place to live and work.

Fifty game developers will be relocated at Polyphony Digital's new headquarters in Fukuoka. The city is already home to Level-5, the studio best known for the Professor Layton games.

Why exactly the earthquake and its effects prompted the move were not stated.

For a moment I though the track wouldn't be in GT6! :lol:

I think Tokyo is pretty fun.

So I hate driving Ferraris! The only way I can not hate it is when I fix the weight distribution to 50/50 through the ballast options, it's the only way I can really stop the tail from trying to overtake me without fiddling with suspension settings that I barely understand.

The only Fezza I own is the F40, because it's the only one that sounds right. For the same reason, I own none of the Lamborghinis. I refuse to drive such a horribly inaccurate representation of a Ferrari. The Enzo sounds like a V8!!! WHAT THE FUCK??

Because the 599 is front engined, all mid-engined cars want to kill you without hesitation.

Seeing as I am a horrible driver in GT5, I finally got to level 30, and the X1 challenges. That also means that the X1 is far too much car for me to handle through a controller, and I fail at pretty much all of the events. Lol.

Seeing as I am a horrible driver in GT5, I finally got to level 30, and the X1 challenges. That also means that the X1 is far too much car for me to handle through a controller, and I fail at pretty much all of the events. Lol.

GET A WHEEL!!! It doesn't have to be anything fancy (like a G25/27) or anything, but a DFGT will be MORE than adequate and you can find them for around $75-$100.