Gran Turismo 5

I am struggling a bit. :|

But they understeer like a mother, I tried using their sides in a turn. But just crashed into them.

To be fair I haven't tried this specific event yet, I'm way behind on seasonals.

Related: K-cars. Drove all the premium ones for the K-car seasonal. Some interesting differences.

Cappuccino: meh. Not a fan.
AZ-1: tons of fun. Likes to slide. This and the Cappy have peak torque at low revs and peak power at high.
Copen: Great engine. Peak power nearly through the entire rev range, and low down torque. Turbos add crazy power (60->120 HP for the cheapest one). Drove the whole race in 5th just for fun.
Cervo: WTF gearbox. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th taken care of by 60 MPH. Then shift into 7th and the thing bogs down like you hit quicksand. Made the go-kart track feel like a full-size one.

Because i'm a cheating scumbag...

Trial mountain, you can cut the last corner.
Rome ram brake.
Suzuka cut the last corner.
Indy cut the first corner, turn before the tyres.

Because i'm a cheating scumbag...

Trial mountain, you can cut the last corner.
Rome ram brake.
Suzuka cut the last corner.
Indy cut the first corner, turn before the tyres.

Doesn't it annoy you that you win it by massively cheating?

Doesn't it annoy you that you win it by massively cheating?

No, it's called racing penalties. They're on the Special Races, not on the Online Special Races.
I'm showing you how broken the AI is... if I get 6 million credits in the process, fine i'll take it.

p.s. Wheres my endurance saves/dlc/TV updates/premium cars/etc.

Trail mountain 1st place on 4th lap.
Indy 1st on 4th lap.
Rome last lap, won by about 4 seconds.
Suzuka 1st place on 6th lap.

I had no trouble driving properly, but I have yet to win Suzuka just necause I HATE that track.

I did them all one time for money and they were all 1st place but I got 2nd on rome, I could beat it easily because I only lost by about 0.003 seconds (I was passing him at a much faster speed on the last last straight)

Bought the 908 HDI race car with some of my money and slapped on a mid range turbo and wow, I'm considering using T/C in this thing. Even the Formula GT is easier to control. The 908's steering is obviously easier to deal with but it oversteers in 4th and 5th gear (while at max 410kph tune) with racing soft tires! I've never used a car where you had to wait so long to apply full power without getting fucked. good fun though.

I don't know why you guys are struggling, I found the NASCAR event was pretty easy overall (Rome was the most fun and I got the FedEx Camry as a prize, which I already have...:glare:)...:dunno:

Also, I finally bronzed the X2010 challenge and I got my own X2010! Did a top speed run on SSR7 with lowest downforce and hit 485 km/h (301 MPH). :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I am struggling because I HATE the track

Suzuka is one of my favourite tracks. What's your problem with it?

I think it?s the decreasing radius turns...or the fact that it?s quite long.
I don?t know, but I always have a hard time whenever the event is there.

Anyone up for a 60's 70's RWD rally stage race this weekend? Say no newer than 1971, HP/weight limits (if you have a suggestion feel free), shortest eiger nordwind track?

Anyone up for a 60's 70's RWD rally stage race this weekend? Say no newer than 1971, HP/weight limits (if you have a suggestion feel free), shortest eiger nordwind track?

Sounds fun, I'll bring the Corvette I've been messing around in for seasonals.