Gran Turismo 5

Yes it was.

I hated that, Nascar's are actually pretty fun when you can flick them around a bit but in the challenge races with SRF on it felt like I was driving a Nissan GTR or something.

But the prize money was too good to pass up, lol.

Surprisingly I had aids on, i'll try without.

It'll be harder, trust me. ;)

I tried to do it with no aids because I thought they would slow me down, but the SLS gets it's tail out in 3rd gear with gentle throttle.

I found it better with no aids on. It understeered too much for me so without traction control I can give it a bit of throttle to help get the nose into the corner. True you have to be a bit careful on the way out of corners but personally I'd rather have oversteer than understeer.

Took me a few tries to get gold.

Brake as late a possible into the corners and hug the inside while being gentle on the throttle.

I could have been doing it wrong but I actually found that at least with a pad the fastest way around the slow corners was to go rather wide midway through the corner and take a late apex to keep the line on the exit as straight as possible. That's because it's so hard to get the power down while turning and there's so much power that you can gain back the momentum you lose by taking the sharp turn in the middle of the corner. It is probably not the fastest way around the track but was good enough for a gold...

My time was somewhere around 1:17.6, can't remember the exact time.

I tried again and got a 1:17.749 although this time I did cut Chicago.

Just completed my first endurance race, Grand Valley 300km in an SLS AMG. If you haven't done at least one endurance race, I highly suggest it. You learn about how to respect the tyres.

I never bothered with that, I'm always so much faster than the ai that I can run 300km of qualifying.

For endurance races I've done so far I usually just pick a much faster car and practise my drifting for a few hours. The one-make races should be somewhat real racing though.

The first thing I noticed was how similarly the SLS on comfort softs handled compared to my GT in real life haha, second lap around was enough for a low 1:18, ended up with a 1:17.6** soon after. No TC/ASM, AT, no cutting, 3rd person view, DFGT. I would imagine golding this on a pad would be very very difficult, a lot of finesse is needed to keep that things pointed in the right direction. I remember at one point (accelerating up to the follow-through) quickly glancing up at the map to see where I was compared to my ghost and by the time I looked back down at the road I was in a 90 degree drift.

Just did a 1.19.923 with the DS3, Fuck trying for gold lol

They need to add penalties for chicago cutting, even when not cutting it, it is difficult to get a consistent line because even having the inside wheels inside the paint gains you considerable time.

Just thought of something.

They need to add adjustable airbrake timing in the aero tuning section for cars like the SLR. And adjustable retractable spoiler deployment timing for cars like the Veyron and SLS.

Would be a very simple feature to add. But that said, PD seems to have problems with some very basic features.

Behind the scenes video of last week's competition:

[video=youtube;_le496-npM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_le496-npM8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

New seasonal event with Minis.

Mercedes event reset.
Glad I didn?t even try it yet.

How the deuce are you guys doing 1:17's?

Cheating? :p They announced they are gonna fix the cheating spots and reset the leader boards next week.

After the Mini event, I took my fully tuned '07 Cooper S to SSR7 and did FWD burnouts (and doughnuts with the handbrake) in that area just after the first corner and before the 2nd straight. :D The smoke effects are really good, and the Mini sounds pretty damn good with the race exhaust, so I could literally do it for hours. :lol: