Gran Turismo 5

While that is true, the game was 6 years in the making. it's not like it was a rush job...

Yeah, but you know Kaz; he's a perfectionist. In terms of (premium) car models and graphics, they're pretty much perfect so it probably took some time to get them right. Also, I don't think they spent 6 years developing the game; more like 4 or 5 because they probably started after GT4's release in late 2004/early 2005 and finished in 2009 when it was first supposed to be released; they just spent another year fixing all the bugs that Kaz wanted ironed out because being the perfectionist that he is, he would never release a buggy game.

GT5 was also the first game since GT1 where they had to build it from scratch; GT2, 3 and 4 were all improved versions of their predecessors; just like GT6 will be; they built a solid foundation (great car models, graphics, and physics) with GT5 so with GT6 they'll simply add all the stuff that'll make it a great game and not just a great simulator like GT5 is. ;)

Last edited:
Well for one thing we know they all shared the same save-game code... until a patch.

Sorry, but I don't buy the "they had to start from scratch" argument, never did. There are so many flaws and illogical details they carried over from earlier generations that noone who looks at GT5 with open eyes can argue that it has been programmed completely independent from older code. Didn't happen.

Also, no matter whether it is 5 or 6 years, it's a damn long time for developing a game. I would gladly wait that long if it were a perfect game, but it is very far from. There certainly are good elements in it, but there's also a lot of crap.

Kaz is a perfectionist - it drives him, but it also stands in his way and thus the way of the game. While others like Turn10 may not be as perfect when it comes to the very details, they manage to give you a much more sophisticated overall experience (and took way less time to do that).

Last edited:
So i booted GT5 up for the first time in a hella long time. Bit of advice, it is very difficult adjusting after playing Test Drive Unlimited.

I'm sure it was covered long ago, but can anyone comment on the DLC cars, specifically the V12 Vantage and the Aventador?

The Aventador feels somewhat understeery, but it is a blast to drive.

Camouflaged Corvette C7, New Lamborghini Aventador Appear in Gran Turismo 5
November 11th, 2012 by Jordan

GT5-Corvette-C7-638x384.jpeg

Two very curious reported discoveries in GTPlanet?s Forums are attracting quite a bit of attention today.

The most significant comes from GTPlanet user jstickboy13, who reports having seen a camouflaged Corvette C7 appear during one of the game?s ?screen saver? sessions, which displays race replays or Photomode locations during period of player inactivity.

Close observers will note the car?s license plate appears to display the word ?POLYPHONY? in the blue stripe along the top. Those following development of the new Corvette will recognize it from many recent spy shots which have been published in the automotive media.

The inclusion of a camouflaged car is, of course, not unprecedented for the Gran Turismo series; GT5 Prologue introduced a camouflaged version of the Nissan GT-R, which was later updated in the game after the car was officially unveiled.

d8WzP-638x358.jpeg

The second curious sighting comes from GTPlanet user Ferraridude308, who reports having spotted the above Lamborghini Aventador in Gran Turismo 5?s online Photo Stream website.

The Aventador clearly displays two stripes which cannot currently be applied to the car through any known mechanism in the game.

However, Polyphony Digital has used such stripes to highlight ?special? models of existing cars in the game, such as the ?Chrome Line? cars or other special promotions. Photo Stream photos are uploaded directly from within the game and cannot be modified.

Of course, until a diverse collection of public users can verify that something is appearing in the game, it is always best to take such reports with a healthy dose of caution.

As always, stay tuned in to our forums as our community continues to analyse, discuss, and verify these claims.

That's pretty fucking awesome. PD putting the camo C7 in just like that with no announcements or anything :ninja:. It could mean that the C7 'Vette could either be a future DLC car or even the cover car for GT6 (which could also mean GT6 will come out the same year as the 'Vette, which is probably 2014. They used the SLS as the cover car for GT5 and both came out in 2010 ;)).

The deciding factor for the year GT6 releases (2013, 2014 or even 2015?), is if they choose to go for the PS3 or as a (near) launch title for the PS4.

I don't think we will hear a lot about GT6 before PD is absolutely sure they have something ready within about 6 months. I think the backlash from the mess that was the years following up to the launch of GT5 has learned them some bitter lessons.

I will admit it will be hard to resist the PS4 if something like GT6, MGS5 and BF4 is ready around launch.

I think we will see GT6 as the selling point for the PS4.

I never said it would be a selling point on the release of the PS4... :p

I never said it would be a selling point on the release of the PS4... :p

I keep telling myself that they can't possibly manage the development of GT6 as bad as they did with GT5. As I understand, they made the premium cars so detailed that they could be used in next gen games without much trouble. So in terms of modelling cars they have about 200 cars(?) from GT5 and will have to ad about 50+ significant new cars that have come out since GT5. Then they have to model about 300-500 of the older cars that they never got around to finish as premium models. My guess is, that they have continually been working on the models of the older cars since they finished GT5 and have a lot of them done already.

Then they have to make new tracks, where they can maybe reuse 50 % of the work from GT5.

But what I really hope for, is that they actually put some real effort into making the game fun to play, and not just an after thought to give an excuse to use the pretty cars on the pretty tracks.

Personally, I could do without the Rallying and the B-Spec. Much more so on the latter.

I had 7 gifts waiting for me, the lorry can only fit 6 cars.
So I think I got fucked with the Academy Cars.

Personally, I could do without the Rallying and the B-Spec. Much more so on the latter.

Oh god, I would not miss B-spec in the least. I don't understand how it's in game. The AI is just terrible.

Rallying they probably could have waited on. It is fun, but they didn't do a whole lot with it and I'm guessing the offroad physics didn't get as much attention is they deserve.

Corvette C7 Prototype in Gran Turismo 5 as Free DLC Today, New Video & Screenshots Released

Chevrolet and Polyphony Digital formally announced their special collaboration on the next-generation C7 model corvette today at the Los Angeles International Auto Show.

First spotted in Gran Turismo 5 by GTPlanet community members earlier this month, the heavily camouflaged prototype will be drivable in the game ?today? by downloading the car as free DLC from the PlayStation Store.

According to the press release, Polyphony Digital paid careful attention to every detail in the creases and wrinkles in the soft camouflage, used to disguise the prototype while its driving characteristics are currently being tuned and refined ahead of the vehicle?s official debut in January.

?Until now, only the most skilled drivers on the Corvette team have been authorized to push the test prototypes to the limits on some of the most challenging track surfaces in the world,? said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Global Marketing. ?Through this unique collaboration with Gran Turismo, Chevrolet is able, for the first time, to give performance car enthusiasts access to such an exclusive driving experience.?

?Gran Turismo has had many firsts and we?re excited to partner with Chevrolet for yet another ? bringing the first-ever Chevrolet prototype vehicle into a racing game,? said Kazunori Yamauchi. ?As car enthusiasts, we?re thrilled to give fans this extraordinary level of access to the seventh generation Corvette that otherwise would not be possible.?

Chevrolet will formally reveal the 2014 Corvette prototype on Sunday, January 13, 2013. More information on the announcement will be available at One13Thirteen.com.

Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-Test-Prototype-G%C3%84%C3%B412_73Front-640x360.jpg

Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-Test-Prototype-G%C3%84%C3%B412_73Rear-640x360.jpg

Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-Test-Prototype-G%C3%84%C3%B412_SideLeft-640x360.jpg

corvette20121102_hd-640x360.jpg

Chevrolet_Corvette_C7_Test_Prototype_001-640x360.jpg

Chevrolet_Corvette_C7_Test_Prototype_002-640x360.jpg

Chevrolet_Corvette_C7_Test_Prototype_003-640x360.jpg

Chevrolet_Corvette_C7_Test_Prototype_004-640x360.jpg

Chevrolet_Corvette_C7_Test_Prototype_005-640x360.jpg

Chevrolet_Corvette_C7_Test_Prototype_006-640x360.jpg

DSC_0139-640x480.jpeg

:w00t::w00t::w00t: